Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Holland Grill

Old 12-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
sorry op I no nothing about them
Old 12-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
TOPOMICH04COMA is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
TOPOMICH04COMA's Tacoma Gallery
They are awesome. However, you must expect more cooking time. And don't open the damn thing (if you're lookin, you ain't cookin ). It is almost impossible to burn food on a Holland. My main complaint is the speed of cooking, which is mainly a problem if you have a bunch if people and someone keeps looking in the grill. I think I remember reading that each time you open the grill it ads ten minutes to the expected time.
We had one where we hunted for deer and used to do roasts, squash, and even corn bread, all at once.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
terry13 is on a distinguished road
Army: 45N tank turret mech. C Co. 10th engineer battalion  Kitzigen Germany
Name: terry
terry13's Tacoma Gallery
I was told the same thing about 'lookin" be a no-no. I like the fact of the versatility of all that can be cooked using it. Kinda pricey but think it would be worth it. Anyone else have any input??
Old 12-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #5
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry13 View Post
I was told the same thing about 'lookin" be a no-no. I like the fact of the versatility of all that can be cooked using it. Kinda pricey but think it would be worth it. Anyone else have any input??

ever consider a green egg
Old 12-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #6
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I like the way they do the indirect cooking - roasts, ribs, whole chickens etc.

I am not sure how it works for regular grilling, i.e. searing steaks. I like my rib-eyes seared and on-and-off the grill in short time over high heat. Maybe someone can comment on that.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry13 View Post
How's the green egg work?

don't know personally but a guy at work who seems to be an expert on outdoor grilling swears by it.

http://www.biggreenegg.com/