Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Cast iron Dutch oven

Old 01-30-2014, 06:02 PM   #1
wanna tacoma is on a distinguished road
wanna tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Cast iron Dutch oven

So my mom and dad gave me a cast iron Dutch oven for Christmas and haven't used it yet bc I can't find or think of anything to cook in it. What do you guys cook in your Dutch ovens? Also specify on the grill or in the oven. I forgot how many quarts it is. It's an emirl. Don't think I spelled his name right
Old 01-30-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I have one and love it! My favorite meal so far as been lamb. Honestly, I've just googled 'Dutch oven meals' and gone from there, trying different recipes. I use mine on a cooktop and then in the oven. Usually brown the meat in the dutch oven on it's own, add veggies, broth, red wine, etc, cover and simmer. I believe I have the Emeril one as well, it's a good sized one, don't remember how many quarts.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:06 PM   #3
New Tacoma 0wner!!!
TreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TreeFortRichard's Tacoma Gallery
If you are cooking for a group brunch i highly suggest dutch oven french toast! With some real maple syrup....it's a great superbowl/ tailgate/ new years day food...
Old 01-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Cook some desserts in it or anything in it! They are so versatile you won't believe what you can cook.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:31 PM   #5
I've seen a video on YouTube that someone cooked a whole chicken in it
Old 01-30-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
Looking for something a little more different than that though
Old 02-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Just made frijoles last night. Baked them in my Dutch. Amazing. Creamy, rich, spicy. Mexican beans.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #8
na8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura aboutna8rboy has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Name: Mark
na8rboy's Tacoma Gallery
I cook all my game meats in my Dutch oven. Cook it nice and slow at 225 for 4 to 5 hour's, while out at evening hunt. Venison Roast, stews, and grouse are the best in the Dutch oven.