Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

what's the most you've spent on dinner

Old 02-15-2014, 08:05 AM   #21
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
2 for $20 at chilis + drinks. (i know, i'm a cheapskate)
But the most expensive place i've eaten at was peohes in down town San diego, it was OK, but nothing special.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:06 AM   #23
VTTACOMA is on a distinguished road

Name: Benj
VTTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I have definitely spent over $300+ USD for my wife and I. Great tapas place in Hong Kong that did not include flight, hotel or passport!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #24
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Company paid dinner at Charlie's was more than $130/person. It was good, but in my honest opinion not THAT good. I have eaten at $30/ person restaurants that were just as good.
My favorite is Texas de Brazil at $50/ person all you can eat best food ever. Well balanced $ vs. quality.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:14 AM   #25
burtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud of
burtonboards32's Tacoma Gallery
A little over $1,200 for the wife and I plus my brother in law and his girlfriend/now wife at the California Grill at the top of the Contemporary Resort in Disney. Most of that was nice wine and champagne.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:47 AM   #26
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
we spent bout 30 bucks t olive garden get what you pay for I guess
Old 02-18-2014, 02:59 AM   #27
detnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
detnight's Tacoma Gallery
about 150 at the needle in San Antonio.....could not beleive I paid 22 for a salad and a bowl of soup.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:14 AM   #28
!@$%#
robssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shedrobssol is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
$150 + tips at the Stratosphere tower in Vegas. Spectacular view, food was excellent. Chocolate martinis afterwards $20 a piece.
No visit to the bunny ranch on that trip.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #29
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
my wedding banquet.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:24 PM   #30
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
$850 for parents wedding anniversary at Ruth's Chris. Price was higher because of Champange
Old 02-21-2014, 09:32 PM   #31
FTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFTD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
FTD's Tacoma Gallery
I've done two steakhouse places that went over $500. The wife and I routinely drop over a hundred when going out for sushi, and we do that at least once a month.

What you eat is really important. The only thing I have an easier time dropping crazy amounts of money on is a bed.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:33 PM   #32
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I took the wife out last year for valentines day to a high end steak house in the city. Our bill came out to just under $550.00 before tip. That's the most I've spent for two people. I've had 1000 bills but that was a lot more people.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:35 PM   #33
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
$160 for two at a restaurant by Manhattan Beach. I guess the Range Rovers parked in front should have clued me in on the prices...
Old 02-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #34
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I'm cheap.
I dont think I've gone out to dinner and dropped more than $150 at a place.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #35
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
At most 50 cents for the bullet. The deer fed my family for several months. $200 to $1000 on a meal?
Old 02-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #36
keylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
For personal dinner bill, I spent $120 w/ tip at Taste of Texas in Houston, Texas. Great food there, but it's really expensive.

For business, $1,100 with tip for 34 employees.

My dad worked for a software company out of Houston and the unspoken rule when dinning with customers or employees, the most senior employee picks up the tab on their business card. They were in Europe with 50 or so customers and employees and had a $3,000+ bill and his card was declined. He had to put it on his personal card and ended up being reimbursed, but that would be terrible.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #37
burtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud of
burtonboards32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylay View Post
For personal dinner bill, I spent $120 w/ tip at Taste of Texas in Houston, Texas. Great food there, but it's really expensive.

For business, $1,100 with tip for 34 employees.

My dad worked for a software company out of Houston and the unspoken rule when dinning with customers or employees, the most senior employee picks up the tab on their business card. They were in Europe with 50 or so customers and employees and had a $3,000+ bill and his card was declined. He had to put it on his personal card and ended up being reimbursed, but that would be terrible.
It is probably safe to assume that being a senior employee - assuming most seniority and highest up totem pole - that $3,000 wasn't too much of a hit for him to front until the following expense report is filed.

My company, a large natural gas utility company also centered in Houston (energy Co. in Houston? Go figure!), has a written policy much like your father's unwritten policy; the highest up the company ladder is responsible for meals and bar tabs at any company function, meeting, or any other get together. It is not uncommon to see a $3-5,000 bar tab at a company meeting.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:54 PM   #38
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
At elways steak house in vail Colorado for my grandfather, uncle and I I spent 260 before tip. Well worth the money best steak I've ever had
Old 02-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #39
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
150-ish @ Simon and Seaforts in Anchorage, Ak on our honeymoon.
Worth every penny.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:06 PM   #40
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
I just spent $30 on myself. I'm at the Big Texan in Amarillo tx right now LOL. Good thing is, company pays for it. It's not great. I like the steak better at Logans roadhouse.