Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

what's the most you've spent on dinner

Old 02-15-2014, 07:28 AM   #1
ARTaco06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
ARTaco06's Tacoma Gallery
what's the most you've spent on dinner

Last night was Valentines so I took my fiancé to a Cajun restaurant about 50 miles away and waited in line for an hour and a half( we got there at 6pm). We both ordered the steak and crab legs, sodas, and gator bites the food was AMAZING, couldn't eat it all huge portions. Then we got the bill and after tip I paid over $100! Which I guess isn't outrageous for the quality of food and amount we got. It was valentines so I expected to spend more than I normally would but wow. I'm just curious what's the most You guys have ever spent on a single meal?
Old 02-15-2014, 07:33 AM   #2
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Last night at a fondue restaurant (The Melting Pot) for the wife me and 2 kids, $288.33 incl. tip.

I've paid more before, but for more people at the table.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:35 AM   #3
dsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddsjones5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DSJ
dsjones5's Tacoma Gallery
paid over 120 at Ruth Chris steakhouse in Atlanta for me and the ex-gf last valentines day.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #4
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Wife and I paid a little over $175 at LG's Steakhouse in Palm Springs after I got back from a deployment once. That was with some wine in there too. Anniversary is usually around $150 at a nice place.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #5
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
$200 for the two of us, but it was in vegas which is really easy to do
Old 02-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #6
ponchosportal is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Airborne radio and radar repair.
ponchosportal's Tacoma Gallery
$350 w/tip for the wife and I celebrating 32 years of marriage, a good year in the stock market, and 365 days until retirement. Restaurant was Anthony's in Seattle 2 years ago.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #7
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
On my birthday dinner last year i spent over 200 on crab legs and oysters, just for me, at trulucks in houston.

I took some new hires out or dinner once, on the company dime, and spent 650 for a table of 5.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:13 AM   #8
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
I paid $190.00 for two with tip at the Capital Grille last night. I've gone over $200.00 for two at Morton's though (worth it!). Most I've ever spent was just over $1,000.00 with tip for six people in NYC.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:15 AM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
For 2 people, about 300 bucks...tip not included.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:35 AM   #10
NYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant future
Name: Joe
NYNURSE's Tacoma Gallery
$250 a plate at The French Laundry. If you are foodie, do it. If you are not, and my wife isn't, it won't be appreciated.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #11
taco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco 2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

taco 2011's Tacoma Gallery
Wow we got some ballers haha. Most we ever spent was about 300. That was between 6 of us and most of that was the alcohol.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:42 AM   #12
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
About 850 at my Dad's 60th birthday. Six people, well five and the waste of space that is his wife.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:47 AM   #13
avw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
About 850 at my Dad's 60th birthday. Six people, well five and the waste of space that is his wife.
Not your mother then eh?
Old 02-15-2014, 08:48 AM   #14
obscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud of
obscurotron's Tacoma Gallery
That depends. Does airfaire and a rush passport for the wife count towards the dinner tab?

The way I look at it, if you have the scratch and spending it won't hurt you, blow it. You can't take it with you, memories are priceless, and a happy wife == happy husband.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:48 AM   #15
obscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud ofobscurotron has much to be proud of
obscurotron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by avw4x4 View Post
Not your mother then eh?
Or else serious Mommy Issues.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:50 AM   #16
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by avw4x4 View Post
Not your mother then eh?
Nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurotron View Post
Or else serious Mommy Issues.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #17
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Hell, y'all must love food more than I do, because I have a hard time justifying paying $20 for just myself.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #18
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
$80 for me and my girl a few years ago. I was annoyed it cost so much.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:57 AM   #19
TacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacOffRoad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
TacOffRoad11's Tacoma Gallery
I dropped $170 at Sals Chop House in Lexington. That included tip. Nearly had heart failure when I got the bill but when you get a 1/2 dozen of shrimp cocktail thats $20 you have to expect that.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:02 AM   #20
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Don't pay more than you can afford.

It's all about the food, drink, company, and atmosphere making you feel good.

If you're sitting there looking at the prices going "oh shit I can't believe how much this is gonna cost" then all that is spoiled out the window.

When my wife and I were younger and before we had kids, we'd go out and blow money on a fancy dinner for two.

Last night we snuck away to a little local Indian Food joint where we were able to be seated at 7PM without any wait or reservations.