Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

my catering business

Old 03-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Talking my catering business

1st let me say.. I LOVE to cook for other people.

So...I been working in kitchens for over 15 years, opened a few restaurants for OTHER people,
I am planning on opening a bakery/cafe in the next 2 years, similar to Panara Bread.

I've been basically taking a break from restaurant kitchens since my daughter was born 3 years ago.
IM getting bored, everything in this town sucks.
I will not work in a corporate kitchen!

I have decided to start up a little catering business since there is a demand for good grub here.
IM going to keep it simple, nothing fancy. JUST GOOD FOOD.
A few people know that I can cook and word should get around fast.

Been working on my menu, website and other marketing stuff for about a week now. ORDERS ARE ALREADY COMING IN!!!

(wifey cant keep a secret)... I guess im open for business! LMAO
  • Friday 8-10 people (company luncheon)
  • Next Thursday 35-40 people (company meeting)
  • Mid-June 150-175 people (wedding)
I may be a bit pre-mature posting this, but i am getting excited.
Im using my old (webdesign company) domain name for now.
http://www.geoffsdesign.com/ <--- still very raw,
I am aiming for a chalk/black board menu type of look.

Stay tuned and watch it grow.

ANY feedback is good...ty
Old 03-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Best of luck Neon, sounds like you'll be hitting the ground running!
Old 03-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
That's pretty cool. Good luck!

I've worked in a couple of kitchens, how does catering compare (or contrast)?
Old 03-30-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
That's pretty cool. Good luck!

I've worked in a couple of kitchens, how does catering compare (or contrast)?
Kitchens are usually set with their ways of cooking and doing things, which can be good for cooks just starting out learning the trade. Nothing like pumping out pastas for 4 hours str8. Or standing over a grille with 20 steaks and the chef yelling for a well done t-bone. LOL

Catering, The menu can change when ever, thats fun! There will be no mad dash/rush, like cooking on a line. Pay more attention to the details. Chance to show my creative side, and teach myself more.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
I wish you the best on the new business!
Old 03-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Congrats! I hope everything goes well...

Maybe one day we can have a TW get together there!
Old 03-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #8
Go Braves!
blake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake1012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chazz Michael Michaels
blake1012's Tacoma Gallery
best of luck man, im sure you'll do great!
Old 03-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #11
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, it's great to hear some positive news among all the doom and gloom going on at the moment.

I flippin' LOVE Panera, gutted that there aren't any out here in AZ. We have Paradise Bakery which is good, but Panera is the best. Do some of the things they do and you can't go wrong.

My wife works at the Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix and quite often has to order catering. Most of the companies that she uses suck, there really aren't any good ones here. It just goes to prove that even in a big city like Phoenix there is plenty of opportunity.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:55 PM   #14
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
Kitchens are usually set with their ways of cooking and doing things, which can be good for cooks just starting out learning the trade. Nothing like pumping out pastas for 4 hours str8. Or standing over a grille with 20 steaks and the chef yelling for a well done t-bone. LOL

Catering, The menu can change when ever, thats fun! There will be no mad dash/rush, like cooking on a line. Pay more attention to the details. Chance to show my creative side, and teach myself more.
Hmm...yeah, I can see that. Good luck with your business, again!

If you ever make it down toward the Austin or even the Dallas/Ft Worth area, I be glad to work for you (fo free) to get some catering experience under my belt!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:58 PM   #15
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Way to go Neontrail!!!! Good luck with the catering
Old 03-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #16
Prayers for Bill and Michelle
trcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant future

trcksr4grls's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to trcksr4grls
WTG hunny!!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #17
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
thank you all for the kind words and wishes!!!

YES, BBQ will be added!! for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersharp View Post

I flippin' LOVE Panera, gutted that there aren't any out here in AZ. We have Paradise Bakery which is good, but Panera is the best. Do some of the things they do and you can't go wrong.

My wife works at the Desert Botanical Gardens in Phoenix and quite often has to order catering. Most of the companies that she uses suck, there really aren't any good ones here. It just goes to prove that even in a big city like Phoenix there is plenty of opportunity.
Ever go to Wildflower Bread Company in Az? I worked for them a while back developing a wholesale artisan bread division. Its a great concept..
www.wildflowerbread.com

I wanted to learn about "real" artisan bread so I worked with nothing but breads for 8 years. And ended up working for the youngest master baker (M.J. Coe) in the nation while at wildflower.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:51 AM   #18
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Man great news! I wish you the best Neon..

Soooo, one question. Where are my cookies???
Old 03-31-2009, 07:59 AM   #19
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck.

You should start offering the bacon explosion also. I get that would be a hot seller. Everybody loves to get a small taste of gluttony.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:05 AM   #20
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
neon, this is fantastic. so, uh, are you gonna post any new recipes on the forum now?