Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Big Green Egg XL vs Vision Classic Kamado

Old 03-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i was just at LOWES a few minutes ago. they have a BGE carbon copy there. about $100 more than that K, you are looking at.

good luck.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #4
redge_drz is on a distinguished road
redge_drz's Tacoma Gallery
I have a vision grills professional C-series for 2 years now and very happy with it. Easy temperature control and food taste awesome... searing ribeye steak at 650F or smoking a pork shoulder for 8 hours at 215F. And half the price of the big green egg !
Old 03-27-2014, 08:33 AM   #6
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
I would also advise at least checking out the Akorn Kamado they have at Lowes and some other places as well for $299 or less. Insulated metal construction vs ceramic, but if you check on line you will have to look hard to find any negative reviews on how well it cooks (i.e temp control) as compared to the more expensive makes.

I even heard some Walmarts now have the Akorn for $288 so you can go to Lowes and get the price match plus 10% discount deal they have. (Then maybe back to Walmart for price matching and so forth as many times as you can get away with.. )
Old 03-28-2014, 06:47 AM   #7
spieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shedspieler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
spieler's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! ill def look into that. As of now the BGE is def out of the running after reading up on the Vision Kamado. Ill have to do further research of this one. One review said that he got rust on bvolts after 2 uses in the rain and having to leave the cover off so that concers me but I really like the price. Durability would be my only key. Ive had my gas weber grill for many many years and while she looks a little weathered and I ahve had to replace a few bits she still cooks like the day I got her so Im not a fad person, thats why I havent bought a pellet smoker, etc. The kamado style seems to be exactly what im looking for and id consider making it my only grill.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:53 AM   #8
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
my only concerns with the Sam's grill is the quality of materials used on the vents and other brackets otherwise its pretty awesome find
Old 04-01-2014, 05:51 AM   #10
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spieler View Post
Agree. I went over the weekend to check it out. The hinges, etc are beefier than the egg which is good, the only thing I didn't like was the vent for the firebox but then again BGE has theirs patented. From forums most people reseal thew vent with high temp rtv and make their own rain vent for the top and are happy. For half price Im down with that.

good to know