Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Neon's Famous Pasta

Old 04-02-2009, 07:59 AM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Neon's Famous Pasta

BEst pasta I ever made........so people say..
Penne luganega
(luganega means "sausage"

You will need:
  • Penne Pasta
  • Ground Italian sausage (I sometimes take it out of the casing)
  • Sliced Button Mushrooms
  • Chopped Fresh oregano
  • Roasted Garlic-most important, and HARDEST item about the dish
  • Heavy (whipping) Cream
  • Marinara (store bought jar or whateva u like)
  • optional- julienne sundried tomatoes
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
How to do it:
  1. Cook the pasta, rinse with cold water and set aside.
  2. Cook the Sausage and set aside
  3. Roast the garlic and set aside.
I think its best to make each pasta dish seprate ( 1 at a time )

Med-High heat start with a small frying pan add about a teaspoon of butter. When it starts to "sizzle" toss in about a 1/2 cup of the sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper. Add a tablespoon of the roasted garlic. Cook For about 1 min. Add sundried-tomatoes at this time if you like

Add about a 1/4 cup of the cooked ground sausage, Turn Flame UP, everything should be sizzling now.

Add 3/4 cup of Heavy Cream ( str8 from the container, lol)

Add a few tablespoons of your favorite red Marinara sauce

Cook/sauté...for about 2-3 mins - until the sauce thickens

Add a handful of the pasta, toss around in pan.

Place on your favorite plate.

Now go make another, and another, until everyone has a pasta.
When you get good, maybe you can get 2-3 going at the sametime.

SUPER EASY!

enjoy,
neontrail

Next time I make this, I will take and post pics.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Neon, that sound great, I'll try that one!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds delicious Neon. One question though, is it 3/4 cup of heavy cream or 3/4 of the container?

Quote:
Add 3/4 Heavy Cream ( str8 from the container, lol)
Old 04-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Sounds delicious Neon. One question though, is it 3/4 cup of heavy cream or 3/4 of the container?
lol, well that depends on the size container you buy

Im most cases..NO, its not 3/4 of the container...

Post fixed, ty
Old 04-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Neon, I made this for me and the wife tonight. I even roasted the garlick before I started. It was awesome, thanks.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #7
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Neon, I made this for me and the wife tonight. I even roasted the garlick before I started. It was awesome, thanks.
WOW!! Serious?? Awesome!!

Did it turn out great? Could it have been better??

Talk to me, tell me about it..

Did you suprise wifey?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:19 AM   #8
four forty four

It was great. Wifey said I could have used more sun dried tomatoes, I thought I should have used more sausage. I think next time I'll use the oil from the jar of sun dried tomatoes to roast the garlic and use more sausage and the rest of the jar of tomatoes. I had some leftover and I'm taking to work with me today. Thanks again.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
I want to make this tonight
Old 09-10-2010, 06:54 AM   #10
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
where does the oregano come in to play? Or does it just sit on the counter to make it look like you know what your doing?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #11
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris77 View Post
where does the oregano come in to play? Or does it just sit on the counter to make it look like you know what your doing?

add fresh herbs at the end
Old 04-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #13
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Sounds good. Does anyone have any pics???
I have this on the menu at Chef Geoff's... make about 10 of um a day. I will take pics tomorrow and post