(luganega means "sausage"
You will need:
- Penne Pasta
- Ground Italian sausage (I sometimes take it out of the casing)
- Sliced Button Mushrooms
- Chopped Fresh oregano
- Roasted Garlic-most important, and HARDEST item about the dish
- Heavy (whipping) Cream
- Marinara (store bought jar or whateva u like)
- optional- julienne sundried tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Cook the Sausage and set aside
- Roast the garlic and set aside.
Med-High heat start with a small frying pan add about a teaspoon of butter. When it starts to "sizzle" toss in about a 1/2 cup of the sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper. Add a tablespoon of the roasted garlic. Cook For about 1 min. Add sundried-tomatoes at this time if you like
Add about a 1/4 cup of the cooked ground sausage, Turn Flame UP, everything should be sizzling now.
Add 3/4 cup of Heavy Cream ( str8 from the container, lol)
Add a few tablespoons of your favorite red Marinara sauce
Cook/sauté...for about 2-3 mins - until the sauce thickens
Add a handful of the pasta, toss around in pan.
Place on your favorite plate.
Now go make another, and another, until everyone has a pasta.
When you get good, maybe you can get 2-3 going at the sametime.
Next time I make this, I will take and post pics.