Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

BABY FOOD!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
SR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
BABY FOOD!!!!!!

Well I said in the foodies thread that we should start one so here it is!

My wife just got prego with our first kid so y not start a thread about what everyone feeds there kiddos?!?!?! Any homemade baby foods, health alternatives to junk food and so on!

Let the games begin!
Old 05-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
We got a good food processor and started making our own baby foods. So far, we've made avacado, banana, pears, applesauce, carrots, beans and started doing chicken also. The down side is we're not canning them so they don't travel. We basically make what we'll use that week and freeze it. The food is basically just ground up whatever and we add citrus to the avacado and banana to keep them from going brown. The little guy loves most of the food so far. We've been careful to only introduce one thing at a time and in small quantities at first to make sure there aren't any reactions. My wife did a lot of searching online for recipies, I'll post up the website she uses later on.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #3
nomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Trevor
nomad_archer's Tacoma Gallery
The wife and I got the baby bullet and just followed the cook book that came with it and ground everything up. The little lady loved it. Thank goodness now she is 2 and eats just about everything we do.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:57 PM   #4
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
We pureed just regular food in a bullet (or similar food processor). Don't add too much spices!. Typically just vegetables, rice etc. with a little salt.
We did not do much Gerber style store bought foods, but when traveling it does come in handy. (tastes bad though compared to real food)

Most important - babies/kids will tend to want to eat the fruits and spit out the veggies. Most parents just give in because it is easier, but don't give in. We taught our kids to eat the veggies first, and then they get fruit after. Some people say they are too young to understand that concept, but believe me they get it, and it actually does not take long for them to get it. Now my kids are 14 and 10 and they still love veggies. It hurts to see some parents who just give in and let the kids eat what they want, and then they end up living on mac & cheese and french fries. We all need veggies to keep our bodies healthy and growing, and there is no better way to start than right at the baby stage.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:02 AM   #5
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
we used a number of recipes from this site.
http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/

They have a nice age ranges as the child starts to eat more solids.
both my boys were raised on organic fresh foods as much as we could. Its expensive and time consuming but well worth it.
We would make batches and freeze them in ice trays, each cube was about a serving for a child <1yo. Super each for packing trips and mixing a few different veggies together.
It also helped us eliminate potential allergy foods since in the early stages, all of them were separate.