1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BABY FOOD!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by SR52012, May 14, 2014.

1. May 14, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    SR52012

SR52012 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Port Richey (Tampa Area)
    Vehicle:
    2012 Taco Pre-Runner SR5 3" procomp lift
    3" Procomp lift level kit N-FAB step sides
    Well I said in the foodies thread that we should start one so here it is!

My wife just got prego with our first kid so y not start a thread about what everyone feeds there kiddos?!?!?! Any homemade baby foods, health alternatives to junk food and so on!

Let the games begin!

2. May 14, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    We got a good food processor and started making our own baby foods. So far, we've made avacado, banana, pears, applesauce, carrots, beans and started doing chicken also. The down side is we're not canning them so they don't travel. We basically make what we'll use that week and freeze it. The food is basically just ground up whatever and we add citrus to the avacado and banana to keep them from going brown. The little guy loves most of the food so far. We've been careful to only introduce one thing at a time and in small quantities at first to make sure there aren't any reactions. My wife did a lot of searching online for recipies, I'll post up the website she uses later on.

3. May 14, 2014 at 12:31 PM
    nomad_archer

nomad_archer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Brickerville (Lititz), PA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Tacoma V6 SR5
    The wife and I got the baby bullet and just followed the cook book that came with it and ground everything up. The little lady loved it. Thank goodness now she is 2 and eats just about everything we do.

4. May 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    We pureed just regular food in a bullet (or similar food processor). Don't add too much spices!. Typically just vegetables, rice etc. with a little salt.
    We did not do much Gerber style store bought foods, but when traveling it does come in handy. (tastes bad though compared to real food)

Most important - babies/kids will tend to want to eat the fruits and spit out the veggies. Most parents just give in because it is easier, but don't give in. We taught our kids to eat the veggies first, and then they get fruit after. Some people say they are too young to understand that concept, but believe me they get it, and it actually does not take long for them to get it. Now my kids are 14 and 10 and they still love veggies. It hurts to see some parents who just give in and let the kids eat what they want, and then they end up living on mac & cheese and french fries. We all need veggies to keep our bodies healthy and growing, and there is no better way to start than right at the baby stage.

:hungry:

5. Jul 10, 2014 at 5:02 AM
    jester156

jester156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cumberland, RI
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra AT4. 3.0l Duramax
    we used a number of recipes from this site.
    http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/

They have a nice age ranges as the child starts to eat more solids.
    both my boys were raised on organic fresh foods as much as we could. Its expensive and time consuming but well worth it.
    We would make batches and freeze them in ice trays, each cube was about a serving for a child <1yo. Super each for packing trips and mixing a few different veggies together.
    It also helped us eliminate potential allergy foods since in the early stages, all of them were separate.

Products Discussed in

To Top