Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies

Old 04-10-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies

The Pioneer Woman is the BEST!!!! I got ths from her site: Be sure to check her out!

Here you go......

The Cast of Characters: Fresh Jalapenos, Cream Cheese, and Bacon. Three ingredients! This is simple stuff.

Start with a jalapeno. Hello, jalapeno! Try to find ones that are 2 to 3 inches long; not too big.

Slice the jalapeno in half length-wise.

Ack! I just love this shot—looks like I’m about to lob off my fingers.
Please, please don’t lob off your fingers.

Now it’s time to seed them. (Or is it "de-seed?" I never do quite get that whole thing.)

With a spoon, gently scrape out the seeds and white membranes. This process moves pretty quickly.

If you’re impervious to the spiciness, you can leave a little membrane and/or a couple of seeds inside. If you prefer things a little on the mild side, go ahead and clean ‘em out reeeeel gooooood.

Now cut the bacon slices into thirds. I usually just go ahead and cut the whole package at once. I like shortcuts.

Now unwrap the softened cream cheese and your assembly line is all set!

Now start smearing cream cheese inside each jalapeno half.

No need to be particularly neat about it…

Just schmear it in there generously.

Just keep going until you have the quantity you want. That’s the great thing about this recipe: you can make as few as two or as many as 49,382! There’s no huge commitment.

Now take a piece (1/3 slice) of bacon and wrap it around the jalapeno.

Wrap it snugly, but not too tightly.

Keep going until you’re finished.

Now stick a toothpick through the middle of each one; this will keep the bacon from coming off in the oven. Place them on a pan with a rack (so bacon grease can escape) and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Here’s what they’ll look like:

Oh, baby. Oh, oh, oh baby.

These are so divine, you should seriously consider making four or five times the quantity you think you’ll need.
In an unexpected twist, Hyacinth’s husband came to our little shindig and plopped a couple of these on top of his burger! What a great idea.
No, go forth and wrap jalapenos with bacon. You’ll never, ever regret it.

Now you tell me how much you love her ...... lol
Old 04-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
Neon, you gotta quit these food posts right before dinner!!!!!! DAMMMMITTT!!! Now I'm salivating all over my keyboard again!!!!

MAN!! I seriously want to go get jalapenos RIGHT NOW and make some!..... I just picked up some philly cream cheese, was on sale for .99 cents!! And this house ALWAYS has bacon stocked.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:11 PM   #4
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
I had a few of these... ok a bunch of them at a party a few months ago. Very, very tasty!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #6
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
I had a few of these... ok a bunch of them at a party a few months ago. Very, very tasty!

Did you regret eating so many? At any point?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Those look amazing!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
Let me tell ya'll sumthin......I've eaten these things 8,000 feet above sea level. You WILL regret it the next day as your sphincter dilates on the white bus.......you WILL experience the pure definition of PAIN!!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #9
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
Her site is amazing....She is amazing.....
Old 04-10-2009, 02:23 PM   #10
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
Let me tell ya'll sumthin......I've eaten these things 8,000 feet above sea level. You WILL regret it the next day as your sphincter dilates on the white bus.......you WILL experience the pure definition of PAIN!!!!

It's part of the experience.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #11
sliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the rough

sliverworm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sliverworm
dude, I have not been hungry all day and now I am starving!
Old 04-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #12
Prayers for Bill and Michelle
trcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant future

trcksr4grls's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to trcksr4grls
Dammit hunny!!!!!!!!! I am going to weigh a freekin ton!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 02:24 AM   #13
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
and