Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Food Buying Suggestions

Old 08-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #41
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Have a day you make all your meals and prepack them. Find out what you want to eat, don't want to eat, what you get sick of but most importantly write it all down.

I got soe bulk stirfry noodles, chopped up some veggies made some rice and had some awesome lunches.

try the pre-prepared meat things like rib bits or pre-breaded chicken. make sandwiches/salads/etc

Mygf brought home made tortillas to 4th of july and my parents have bbq rib burritos w/grill corn and stuff inside, MAJOR hit

ahhhhhh yes, food
Old 08-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #42
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

buy whole wheat pasta and thai curry paste, add coconut milk, seasoning and a few other things (easily googlable, such as some add fish oil) and chow down on some healthier thai food. add what ever meat you want.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #43
I bring the feel goods

But don't budget to the point of buying only unhealthy food. make sure to pick up some baby kale and throw it on sandwiches, in eggs, in pasta sauce, etc., for a nutrient boost
Old 08-12-2014, 01:59 PM   #44
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeRunner View Post
Good to know it was a somewhat normal practice, but its about as morally and ethically bankrupt as a grocery provider can get. Wouldn't give them a dime for that reason.
I couldn't agree more. But that was one store not an entire company. Don't get wrong i'm not sticking up for them, they have payed dearly for that.... just know that practice goes on more in the industry.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:02 PM   #45
I bring the feel goods

Quote:
To add onto this, I'd also eat less meat that is higher quality than buy cheap ass meat. For $20 or $25 cash I can buy 10 days worth of fruit and vegetables from our farmers markets and it's fresh, good quality and locally grown.

farmers market

being a regular get you the deals
Old 08-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #46
BuddyS is on a distinguished road
BuddyS's Tacoma Gallery
Get a rotisserie chicken once a week from the supermarket. They're like $7 and you can get 2 or three meals out of one. Do spaghetti once or twice a week. That's 4-5 dinners for about $11 total. Balance it out with fresh fruits and veggies so that you don't get bored and undernourished -- eating good food will help you resist binging on junk foods, which are expensive and bad for you. Also, get a rice cooker -- they're cheap and make it super easy to make rice (which is cheap and filling) and some of them double as vegetable steamers, too.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:07 PM   #47
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
I couldn't agree more. But that was one store not an entire company. Don't get wrong i'm not sticking up for them, they have payed dearly for that.... just know that practice goes on more in the industry.
I'm sure I don't wanna know! The miniscule amount that I do know of is horrendous enough.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #48
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
But don't budget to the point of buying only unhealthy food. make sure to pick up some baby kale and throw it on sandwiches, in eggs, in pasta sauce, etc., for a nutrient boost
Frisee and baby arugula are super cheap as well. Baby arugula, equal parts olive oil and lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and some shaved hard cheese like pecorino romano = delicious salad.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #49
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What i ment to say is that it does not go on anymore
my bad
Old 08-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #50
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
I ate almost all of the meat... lots of rice, and no veggies.
#die-a-beavis
Old 08-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #51
adrenalnjunky will become famous soon enough

Name: Chris
adrenalnjunky's Tacoma Gallery
back when I was a college kid, and wanted to eat for a few days off a crock pot,

buy a cheap 2-3 pound beef roast (i prefer chuck, but whatever the local place has on sale is cool)

salt, pepper, tony's whatever floats your boat for seasoning.

get a handful of little red potatoes, and some baby carrots, maybe onions - again up to you.

put it all in your crock pot, dump one can of cream of mushroom soup in, and cook on medium for 4-6 hours. Stir it every couple of hours.

Another recipe
1.5-2 pounds of country style ribs
1 cup bbq sauce (or steal a crapload of lil packs from mcdonalds)
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp Worcestershire
1 tsp cumin (optional)
1 tsp cayenne/red pepper (optional)
1 tsp garlic salt (optional)

Put the ribs in your crock pot
mix all the other ingredients together, pour over the ribs.

Cook on high 2 hours, then reduce heat to low for another 2-3 hours, or medium for 6-8 hours.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #52
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I hit albertsons twice a week for fresh meats etc. USDA choice
Old 08-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #53
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
#die-a-beavis
http://www.jokideo.com/funny-meme-less-give-fuck/

Old 08-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #55

Quote:
What i ment to say is that it does not go on anymore
my bad
I figured that's what you meant. How long have you been a butcher?
Old 08-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #56
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I figured that's what you meant. How long have you been a butcher?
30 years this year
Old 08-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #57

Rewarding trade I'd think. Commercial grocer? Private? Local butcher shop?
Old 08-12-2014, 02:56 PM   #58
I deal with dead animals

meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Rewarding trade I'd think. Commercial grocer? Private? Local butcher shop?
Love the line of work (guess thats why the 30yrs) I have worked in 3 different places, in both the commercial and private sectors. currently working in a commercial
Old 08-12-2014, 03:07 PM   #59
Flowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Flowin's Tacoma Gallery
Make a good plan, start out with easy stuff. Go shopping once a week that'll do when the plan (shopping list) is good. Make stuff that tastes good cold/reheated and only cook twice a week and than reheat in the micro wave. Saves a lot of time! Invest in some good "tupperwear" style containers
Old 08-12-2014, 03:08 PM   #60
Roundarc is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoundarc is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoundarc is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoundarc is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoundarc is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoundarc is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoundarc is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoundarc is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoundarc is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoundarc is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoundarc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allan
Roundarc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
Cat food, cheap, nutritional, and no cooking required
...and Ritz Crackers. Everything's better when it sits on a Ritz.