Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Food Buying Suggestions

Old 08-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Food Buying Suggestions

Sup Y'all

So here's the quick and dirty.

Living Alone
Love my Crock Pot
Trying to Avoid eating out nearly as much as i have been
Don't really know what to buy
Prob going to Sam's Club tomorrow unless someone can convince me of a better,efficient way of buying food

I want to start saving money so senior year i can take a trip somewhere for graduation.

What are some ways that anyone in a similar position has gone about sorting this out?

Thanks
Old 08-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #3
blissfully biased
jparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to beholdjparf is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jason
jparf's Tacoma Gallery
Buy a crock pop cook book and go buy the ingredients listed.

My wife makes a lot of different Chicken, Pork, and Chili recipes in the crock pot.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
Cat food, cheap, nutritional, and no cooking required
The 1st post is nothing short of unexpected haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparf View Post
Buy a crock pop cook book and go buy the ingredients listed.

My wife makes a lot of different Chicken, Pork, and Chili recipes in the crock pot.

Noted
Old 08-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #5
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Sup Y'all

So here's the quick and dirty.

Living Alone
Love my Crock Pot
Trying to Avoid eating out nearly as much as i have been
Don't really know what to buy
Prob going to Sam's Club tomorrow unless someone can convince me of a better,efficient way of buying food

I want to start saving money so senior year i can take a trip somewhere for graduation.

What are some ways that anyone in a similar position has gone about sorting this out?

Thanks
Log off TW

not sure about where you live.. but my in laws get together with neibhors and buy a cow and a pig for slaughter to save some dough.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:33 PM   #6
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely agree with Beavis on the logging off TW thing. If you can hunt, then meat can be free
Old 08-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #8
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Really want to save? Learn to process your own meat. Even knowing how to break down a whole chicken will save a lot of money.

Vegetables are cheap and healthy, eat them as an entree and have meat as a side.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #9
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
think of all the things you eat when you do eat out and then figure out if you are capable of making them at home.

find 2-4 recipies you want to make a week, lots of left overs and shop for that week, repeat each week. you can even set up a 2 week menu and make left over from one into the next.

Yes, start with e cook book and make what you like to eat and are good for you.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #11
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
you're doomed.....

stock up on ramin and some frozen shirmp.

Quote:
I really really like hibachi...
Old 08-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #12
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Log off TW

not sure about where you live.. but my in laws get together with neibhors and buy a cow and a pig for slaughter to save some dough.
I've done this ONLY because i could process my own. But if you have to pay to have it done then there is really not that much of savings. Most slaughter houses will charge you a set rate per pound on the hang weight. Then take away around 65% if you go boneless.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #13
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Freakin a.. guess i'll have to see about meat savings in the store then, theres no way I'm getting a cow/pig to send to the house to be processed.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #14
G8keepr is on a distinguished road
Name: Rich
G8keepr's Tacoma Gallery
Your in a tough position. Really hard for the wife and I to shop for two never mind one. I hate frozen food and like to shop twice a week. Find a good diner and eat there everyday and you'll get the 'regulars' discount.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #15
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Dafuq do you eat now? Do you know how to cook or are you limited to crock pot and microwave?
Old 08-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #16
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Freakin a.. guess i'll have to see about meat savings in the store then, theres no way I'm getting a cow/pig to send to the house to be processed.
Shop the sales and if you have the room stock up.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #17
jfwalsh is on a distinguished road

jfwalsh's Tacoma Gallery
go vegetarian.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #18
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8keepr View Post
Your in a tough position. Really hard for the wife and I to shop for two never mind one. I hate frozen food and like to shop twice a week. Find a good diner and eat there everyday and you'll get the 'regulars' discount.
I figured this would be the case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeRunner View Post
Dafuq do you eat now? Do you know how to cook or are you limited to crock pot and microwave?
I do know how to cook, i just figured once school gets going in 9 days i won't have time to cook, i need to already eat before i leave or have dinner going the entire time I'm in school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
Shop the sales and if you have the room stock up.
me and a buddy are splitting a sam's club membership and we are gonna see what happens
Old 08-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #20
smithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
smithr1730's Tacoma Gallery
You could also learn how to coupon. No joke, my GF can go to the store and get $100+ worth of stuff for like $20. Also go for non- brand name stuff, pretty close to the same thing and cheaper