Have done, plan to do again better next time... 8 11.27%
Have done, maybe try again 5 7.04%
Have done wont ever again! 1 1.41%
didn't on own truck but tried the food = it was good 2 2.82%
didn't on own truck but tried the food = it was bad 0 0%
THAT IS SICK! 3 4.23%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
cookin on the engine

we've all seen shows, movies, clips of people cooking a meal on there engine. mainly I've seen jeep packs do it -wire the food wrapped in tin foil under the hood, play for a while then heat from the engine cooks it then they eat... has any one actually done this? whats easiest to cook? would you even recommend doin this? does it taste good?
Old 04-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't, and wouldn't.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't, and if I'm that unprepared to cook my food, I would have to kick my own ass!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:15 PM   #6
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
I have not 'cooked' food on the engine but I sure have heated up some cold tacos on top of the exhaust manifold once upon a time.

Of course I learned this from a few clever Mexicans on a job site one morning.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:03 AM   #7
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
You need some real heat for a long period of time. I've done it with the "big" truck out over the road. Different places on the engine give different results. Warm up a can of Beanie Weenies by leaving it on the oil cooler. Cook chicken or bacon on the manifold. If you need it quicker, place it on/near the turbo. (all big truck parts). Tough part is you get to smell it for a few hours before you get to eat it.

One thing is, don't forget it's there. I put a can of chili in a crevice near the turbo...forgot about it. Went from Phoenix to Flagstaff on I-17. After I leveled out after Verde Valley I started to smell something burning. Ooooops.....The can got so hot from the engine working so hard it blew the ends of the can out and the chili ended up alllllllll over the place. Messy Messy!!!

There are books available on this.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:06 AM   #8
Taco Traitor!
TRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to beholdTRD4x4858 is a splendid one to behold

TRD4x4858's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRD4x4858
Hot pockets and hot dogs work the best, I dont see what the big deal is, wrap it in foil and stick it under the intake manifold and go out on the trail, when your ready to eat, there it is, HOT and READY!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:03 AM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD4x4858 View Post
Hot pockets and hot dogs work the best, I dont see what the big deal is, wrap it in foil and stick it under the intake manifold and go out on the trail, when your ready to eat, there it is, HOT and READY!
X2
I've done it on my Jeep.
Thawed hot pockets in double wrap foil work best (in my situation) and put it on the engine at the beginning of a wheelin day. 3-4 hours later when you're ready for lunch - they're hot. You can also take fajita wraps with coldcuts & cheese and have a hot sandwich (or whatever you wanna use).

I'd normally wedge mine underneath the throttle cable (sleeve). But one day, I almost lost my lunch. It came out and got stuck againest the firewall.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have cooked up chilli and a burrito on the engine of my Dodge. Chilli near the turbo, and the burito on the radiator.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:54 PM   #11
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chili near the turbo? Usually that's a spot that gets pretty hot.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacOma View Post
Chili near the turbo? Usually that's a spot that gets pretty hot.
When pushed, yeah. But just tooling around, I give it about an hour.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:02 PM   #13

Chili = Chilly, It guess it had to be explained it wasn't that good of a joke.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacOma View Post
Chili = Chilly, It guess it had to be explained it wasn't that good of a joke.
LMAO!! I get it now...Sorry.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #15
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
im freakin hungry now...
Old 06-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #16
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Army: SSG
qballenko's Tacoma Gallery
Did it a couple of times. I would have to suggest against doing it on a diesel engine.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #17
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
We did it with burritos once on a hunting trip. Worked fine.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #19
tacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacocolin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
tacocolin's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wikihow.com/Cook-Food-on-Your-Car%27s-Engine
Old 01-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #20
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
i had a breakfast burrito in the fridge so i wrapped it in foil put it on the engine block and drove to school. by the time i got there it was nice an hot