Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Crab cake Benedict

Old 06-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Army: SSG
qballenko's Tacoma Gallery
Crab cake Benedict

Well this is my first contribution to the food talk so here it goes. I will admit this is not my idea but I made it, and tweaked the original idea a bit. If you like eggs Benedict and crab cakes then you'll love this.(sorry no pics)

First the crab cake:

16 oz of crab meat(I used the fake stuff but made sure to tear it into very small pieces)
1 egg beaten
2 teaspoons yellow mustard(I use Dijon)
1/4 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup diced scallions
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1 cup breadcrumbs (I prefer panko breadcrumbs because they have a great crunch, and makes the cakes a lot less bready)

Put crab in a mixing bowl and add beaten egg. Then pretty much just start from the top and mix your way down. Form the cakes into desired size. Fry in a skillet on med to med-high with vegetable oil. Brown one side till golden brown then flip and do the other side.

Next make the hollandaise sauce. I used the McCormiks powder Hollandaise sauce mix. Then I added a small amount of siracha chili sauce to add some kick. Poach an egg or fry it over easy. Also instead of regular ham i used Serrano Ham.

Then assemble.

Crabcake
Serrano Ham
Poached egg
Spicy Hollandaise

If you try it let me know what you think.