Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

What Did You Eat Today?

Old 06-15-2009, 06:08 AM   #41
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoGuy05 View Post
For some reason I don't like Chipotle.

Have any of you all ever tried Taco Palenque?

Real Mexican Food!!

Its the best Tacos, Fajita Plates, Panchos ever!! If you all ever come down to Laredo, San Antonio, McAllen or Brownsville you have to try it!!!

heck yes!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:10 AM   #42
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I havent eaten today, its barely 7am. Yesterday I had huevos rancheros and bacon for breakfast, fried fish and shrimp at my moms for lunch, and for dinner I made sort of a tex mex take on beef strogonof.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:11 AM   #43
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbwoy7s View Post
for dinner I made sort of a tex mex take on beef strogonof.

pics?

please explain.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:13 AM   #44
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery

Hey, I've been there. Is it really as awful as I remember it?
Old 06-15-2009, 06:14 AM   #45
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersharp View Post
Hey, I've been there. Is it really as awful as I remember it?

WHAT?!?

Best burgers in the entire valley! I eat there once or twice a week for the last 6 years. Family owned and operated.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:19 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
pics?

please explain.
I start with a big slab of butterflied skirt steak for fajitas, marinade and season it as I would if I was just grilling it for tacos. Meanwhile, I make a batch of creole style brown gravy, saute some sliced mushrooms, and dump in a can of mushroom steak gravy - simmer these three things together. Also boil the egg noodles and set them aside. Next I grill the fajita over mesquite lump charcoal, I also smashed up the onion that I used to clean the grill and shoved it through the grill to help smoke the fajita. I grill it till its about medium well, I want to make sure there's no blood oozing out but I dont want it charred. Then I slice it up and mix with the noodles & sauce and dig in! Goes well with buttered french bread..
Old 06-15-2009, 06:21 AM   #47
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I start with a big slab of butterflied skirt steak for fajitas, marinade and season it as I would if I was just grilling it for tacos. Meanwhile, I make a batch of creole style brown gravy, saute some sliced mushrooms, and dump in a can of mushroom steak gravy - simmer these three things together. Also boil the egg noodles and set them aside. Next I grill the fajita over mesquite lump charcoal, I also smashed up the onion that I used to clean the grill and shoved it through the grill to help smoke the fajita. I grill it till its about medium well, I want to make sure there's no blood oozing out but I dont want it charred. Then I slice it up and mix with the noodles & sauce and dig in! Goes well with buttered french bread..

please post this as its own recipe thread here in the food talk/ recipe forum.

thanks.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:29 AM   #48

Quote:
please post this as its own recipe thread here in the food talk/ recipe forum.

thanks.
will do!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:11 AM   #49
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Blueberry bagel for breakfast, Bowl of fruit loops for 2nd breakfast, nutty buddy bar, 2 chocolate chip cookies, and some biscuits and gravy.

Lunch im thinkin about Chic-Fil-A #1 combo with a free chicken nugget on the side and a lemonade.

Dinner is gonna be grilled chicken breasts, stuffing, baked beans, mashed potatoes, and french bread.

I'll probably throw in a piece of strawberry pie after dinner too.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #50

I've been stuck on a conference call for over 3 hours and havent taken lunch sooo today I've eaten: skittles.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #51
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Country style ribs, grilled zucchini, pizza. That was lunch.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #52
Yota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant futureYota_dvl has a brilliant future
Name: Jesse
Yota_dvl's Tacoma Gallery
NOT a DAMN thing YET sadly !!! I woke up at 10:13 had work at 10:00!!!
so put on clothes that were trailed along the way to the door and was clocking into work at 10:23 with work being 3 miles away and me waking up and all that shit I think I deserve some breakfast but lunch aint for another 2-3 hours
Old 06-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #54
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
There was some left over Little Ceasars in the conference room from a lunch meeting....I grabbed that
Old 06-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #55
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
WHAT?!?

Best burgers in the entire valley! I eat there once or twice a week for the last 6 years. Family owned and operated.
For real? I better get over there. The only time I went was to meet someone there early morning, I wanted a drink (I don't want coffee) so orderded an OJ - it was grim.

Sounds like I better get over there at lunch time sometime.

I assume this is the place south of the I10 on 27th (or is it 35th) Ave?
Old 06-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #56
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
chiken, tortilla soup, yum
Old 06-16-2009, 07:25 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
chiken, tortilla soup, yum
thats what Im making for dinner! I havent eaten yet this morning but I think I'm going to order some breakfast tacos - there's a place nearby that delivers (Hacienda Los Morales). I'll probably get migas a la mexicana with egg. I shall post a pic of the beastly taco.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:03 AM   #58
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats what Im making for dinner! I havent eaten yet this morning but I think I'm going to order some breakfast tacos - there's a place nearby that delivers (Hacienda Los Morales). I'll probably get migas a la mexicana with egg. I shall post a pic of the beastly taco.

Sounds good. Ever since i started this diet I've been craving some TPss!!!

so far ive only ate

Old 06-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #59

Quote:
Here is said taco. note that it is bigger than my 19" monitor. =)

Old 06-16-2009, 11:53 AM   #60
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here is said taco. note that it is bigger than my 19" monitor. =)

Haha wowww! we have a place here that makes huge tacos called Tlaquepaque, its good but theyre huge!