Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

which blender/smoothie machine?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
which blender/smoothie machine?

i love smoothies, and recently decided that instead of buying at the store, that i would rather make my own at home. i need a good blender/smoothie machine and want to know what you have and if it works well for you or not.

if you would like to include some fruit smoothie recipies that would be great also. my current favorite is banana-raspberry down at the local smoothie shack.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
My only experience with a smoothie maker has been one with a spout. Don't get one with a spout! They just end up leaking all over the counter. A regular blender should do just fine versus one that is "smoothie specific"
Old 06-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, I have not yet been able to find one that can sufficiently handle ice cubes. I have tried 3 different blenders with high powered motors.

I am not just going to get an industrial grade one when I can
Old 06-14-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
BravoZulu469 is just really niceBravoZulu469 is just really niceBravoZulu469 is just really niceBravoZulu469 is just really nice

BravoZulu469's Tacoma Gallery
Just come into Jamba Juice, I might be able to give you a deal
Old 06-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #6
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtree03 View Post
Expensive but the best...Vita Mix

http://www.vita-mix.com/
shuzaam! $450?! for that price you should get a happy ending with every smoothie!
Old 06-14-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
wont blend icecubes?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OmpnfL5PCw
Old 06-14-2009, 06:56 PM   #8
rabble rabble rabble
dud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddud122 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Humane Officer
Name: Dan
dud122's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dud122
blendtec... better than vitamix

it will blend anything... i love mine

if you leave stuff in long enough it actually gets steaming hot.

www.willitblend.com
Old 01-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #9
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Can anybody else chime in on a Vita-Mix I want to get my bride one for her birthday. A little expensive..
Old 01-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #10
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Can anybody else chime in on a Vita-Mix I want to get my bride one for her birthday. A little expensive..
zombie thread revival! lol

I don't have a vita-mix but I know a few people that do have them and love them. I have a Blendtec and it's awesome. Use it everyday, no problems.

Both are pricey though.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:58 AM   #11
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker_troy View Post
zombie thread revival! lol

I don't have a vita-mix but I know a few people that do have them and love them. I have a Blendtec and it's awesome. Use it everyday, no problems.

Both are pricey though.

[QUOTE=tinker_troy;7955677]zombie thread revival! lol

I didn't want to start a new thread and have people coming on and telling me "dude...you need to do a search on a topic before posting a new thread"
Old 01-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #12
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
[B]
I didn't want to start a new thread and have people coming on and telling me "dude...you need to do a search on a topic before posting a new thread"
I gotcha

DANG... I went to look at the vitamix that my buddy got at costco last year to link it for you and they have the same blendtec I got for $150 cheaper (with rebate) than mine was a year ago!

http://www.costco.com/.product.10005...uctsInCategory
Old 01-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #13
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
What about one of those ninja blenders? Wife just told me she wants a new blender for her upcoming bday.

I'm not interested in spending a bunch of money on one.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #14
I feel so Devo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
What about one of those ninja blenders? Wife just told me she wants a new blender for her upcoming bday.

I'm not interested in spending a bunch of money on one.
my mom has one and likes it. that's about all I know on that one.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:33 AM   #15

Quote:
I gotcha

DANG... I went to look at the vitamix that my buddy got at costco last year to link it for you and they have the same blendtec I got for $150 cheaper (with rebate) than mine was a year ago!

http://www.costco.com/.product.10005...uctsInCategory

seems like a good deal Too bad I am not a member of Costco. I would like to join but the nearest one is about 45 minutes out.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #16
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Bamix Gastro Professional Hand Blender. $200 on Amazon.

It can blend right in your drinking glass or inside a boiling pot of soup. It has a really strong 200 watt geared motor. I use a commercial stainless steel restaurant container for malts and smoothies.

For crushed ice I put the snow cone maker attachment on my Oster blender. It literally makes powdered ice.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #17
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Bamix Gastro Professional Hand Blender. $200 on Amazon.

It can blend right in your drinking glass or inside a boiling pot of soup. It has a really strong 200 watt geared motor. I use a commercial stainless steel restaurant container for malts and smoothies.

For finely crushed ice I put the snow cone maker attachment on my Oster blender.

It literally makes powdered ice.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #18
I feel so Devo

Quote:
seems like a good deal Too bad I am not a member of Costco. I would like to join but the nearest one is about 45 minutes out.
yeah I was wondering about that after I posted. I wonder if maybe you could get some other place to price match it? just a thought.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:13 AM   #19
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
my friend bought the Breville based on America's Test kitchens recommendation.

They liked two blenders..the Vitamix, and this Breville (for a lower cost option).

my friend is a smoothie junkie. she loves the thing, and uses it often. i would get the breville for myself, as i dont use a blender everyday.

http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BBL60.../dp/B005I72LMU
Old 01-06-2014, 08:20 AM   #20
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
my mom has one and likes it. that's about all I know on that one.
cool thanks.. any others? Ninja Blender?

Products Discussed in this Thread