Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

Organic food

Old 06-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #21
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Army: SSG
qballenko's Tacoma Gallery
Oganic is a fad. Just like "MSG is bad for you". Its all psychological . People think its healthier for them so they feel healthier. Are they actually healthier, no.

What my question is why are organic product more expensive? It would seem to me that it would be cheaper to produce as no additives or chemicals are used in the production of the products. So why the higher prices? Are they pushing the price of failed crop(unsellable) onto the consumer. That sounds like a rip off to me.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #22
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
yea it's just the sugars in the soda.. organic is just less preservatives, and the fruits and veggies are the same without the pesticides, which means you pay more for them to do less haha I cut out sugars and lost 7 lbs in a couple weeks
Old 06-24-2009, 01:54 AM   #23
Banned
kilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to behold
kilgoja's Tacoma Gallery
yeah it costs the companies more money to make food organically....not sure why but i'm sure someone knows.....organic food has been around a long time it is just now catching on somewhat.....for the record organic food has grease in it...lol...really meat is not called organic...but called "all natural" without hormones, steroids, antibiotics, msgs, nitrates, fillers, so on and so forth...example: cows that eat grass instead of being fed man made grain with hormones and such in it...organic is like fruits and vegetables and such without pesticides and preservatives and artificial flavors and sweeteners and such...organic food is processed as little as possible...i don't know all the details about it as i'm new to organic food myself....but alot of it tastes alot better than normal "artificial" food....like awhile back i drank a Mt. Dew throwback ...it's made with natural sugar instead of refined sugar...it tasted much better than the normal kind to me....try it and see....you will taste the difference...in things like grape juice...the normal kind leaves like a dry taste in your mouth....the organic doesn't...it is pure....think of it as the difference between tap water and filtered water or bottled water ...i guess that is kinda the difference between regular food and organic food
Old 06-25-2009, 01:06 AM   #24
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
I would have to agree that naturally grown ingredents do taste better...... But animals is another story. The taste of pork has actually degraded in the last hundred years or so mostly do to breeding. Trying to breed healthier pigs has actually decreased the quality of the usuable meat from pigs. Which is bad because there is nothing more delicious than a pig.

Secondly Personally I love me some cow that had been feed man made products. Particularly Beer and Saki, along with a grease down and shiatsu. Kobe Beef . Never could you get beef to taste so delicious naturally.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:22 AM   #25
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by qballenko View Post
I would have to agree that naturally grown ingredents do taste better...... But animals is another story. The taste of pork has actually degraded in the last hundred years or so mostly do to breeding. Trying to breed healthier pigs has actually decreased the quality of the usuable meat from pigs. Which is bad because there is nothing more delicious than a pig.

Secondly Personally I love me some cow that had been feed man made products. Particularly Beer and Saki, along with a grease down and shiatsu. Kobe Beef . Never could you get beef to taste so delicious naturally.
REP FOR KOBE BEEF!! That stuff it THE SHIT!! Nothing like steak and eggs worth 150 bucks after a good drunk!!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #26
Banned
kilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to behold
kilgoja's Tacoma Gallery
hmm i haven't seen any natural pork products anywhere so i think you are on to something there...all i have seen is turkey, beef, chicken, and fish of course...wait a minute...what is ham?...is that from a pig?...i have seen ham in the store all natural..oh well i like turkey sandwichs better anyways
Old 06-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #27
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
WOW. Hot topic here.
My cents: Organic not neccessarily better for you, but better for the environment and the soil to grow our food. Often common health problems, and colds and flus, that we get are associated with our diets. Chemicals bad. Natural Good.
Gotta treat the land with respect, so we can enjoy it in our Tacomas for years to come.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #28
white+Peal has a spectacular aura aboutwhite+Peal has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kris
white+Peal's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to white+Peal
yea cutting out soda does an amazing thing for u, soda hella bad for u. I lost 30 pounds in about a month or so by not drinking any soda and not eating any bread.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:16 AM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgoja View Post
hmm i haven't seen any natural pork products anywhere so i think you are on to something there...all i have seen is turkey, beef, chicken, and fish of course...wait a minute...what is ham?...is that from a pig?...i have seen ham in the store all natural..oh well i like turkey sandwichs better anyways

I was actually referring to all domestic pork products. There is a current movement to try and introduce "heritage" breeds of pigs into the U.S.. The current U.S. pork producers have been trying to control breeding of domestic pigs to cut down on parasites and diseases that can be transmitted to humans. Which is good but of course flavor is suffering because of it. Hence the movement to "re-introduce" the American public. Read a big article about it in Gourmet magazine.

And saying turkey is better than pork, that's just......... sacrilegious.