Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

I love making these jalapenos

Old 07-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I love making these jalapenos

I picked a jalapeno rack a few weeks ago at Bass Pro and kinda forgot about it. I decided to use it Sunday and have just finished making some for a 3rd day this week. These tast soo good.

Here is how I make them. Very easy and just about anyone should be able to do it.
1: Cut the tops off
2: Use a potato peeler or the tool that came with the rack to clean out the inside of the jalapeno. If you leave a seed or 2 inside you will notice when you eat them.
3: Rinse off the jalapenos inside and out.
4: Stuff with cheese of choice. I like to stuff mine with cream cheese but you can use almost anything. My friend cuts up bits of shrimp with colby jack cheese.
5: Use a half a piece of bacon and fold it in half. Then run a tooth pick through the top of the jalapeno to hold the bacon on.
6: Put on grill for 10-15 min or until bacon is cooked. Make sure not to get them too close to the heat or the bottoms will burn.
7: This is the easy part. Eat them with some Shiner beer.

Here they are just being put on the grill

This is what they look like when they are done.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
damn those look good!
Old 07-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
hell yeah they do!
Old 07-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
on a spicy scale of 1- 10 how spicy?
Old 07-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #6
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
DAMN! I'm doin it! what would work in place of the actual "jalapeno rack?
Old 07-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
probably wont be too spicy...depending on what cheese you use,since you remove the seeds and membrane.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #8
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ahhh. wonder if you could use habañero peppers?????
Old 07-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #9

Quote:
sure....but you'd definitely wanna remove seeds and membrane........that'd get hot as hell.......or just do a few that way anyway. i think they'd be awesome!
Old 07-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #10
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They are not spicy at all unless you dont get the seeds and/or the membrane out. I had 1 in that batch I didn't clean out very good and it had me running for the fridge to get the milk. I had to wait a few min to eat the last 2.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #11

damn. well id better be extra careful then
Old 07-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #12

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
DAMN! I'm doin it! what would work in place of the actual "jalapeno rack?
you can just put them on the grill. may have a little more cheese run out than usual but they are still good.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #13
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
: drool:
Old 07-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #14

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
habanero would work but they are a little smaller so you could not get as much in them. they would be good but really spicy.
I just picked some serano peppers from my garden and thought about using them for this but I was going to put them in hot sauce. Maybe the sauce can wait and I can make some more of these.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #15
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to the store right now actually, I'll put the heat on very low and push them in between the bbq grill maybe? we'll see when I get back. YUM!
Old 07-02-2009, 07:58 PM   #16

tex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
I'm going to the store right now actually, I'll put the heat on very low and push them in between the bbq grill maybe? we'll see when I get back. YUM!
They should turn out just fine. We have made them before straight on the grill. If you have a top rack on your grill I would use that.
How much do jalapenos cost up there? I paid $.98 a pound the other day.

Also when you come down to Texas for fire academy you can stop at Bass Pro and pick up a rack.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #17

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
OUCH! So i bought monterey jack jalapeno, thinking the cheese wouldnt be very hot.
OMG was I ever wrong! my face has been burning like mad for 15 mins! I will be doing cream cheese next time for sure!
Old 07-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #18

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
oh and the peppers were 3.49/LB HAHA
Old 07-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #19
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
I might have to pick me up a jalapeño rack tomorrow considering there is a Bass Pro Shop about 1 mile from the house.

Was the price reasonable? The rack seems like it would keep the cheese in better than just laying them down on the grill.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #20

rab89's Tacoma Gallery
yea get a rack, i just put them on a skewer and layed em down and watched, but my jalapeno wasnt cooked enough