1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Soft Pretzel Hamburger Buns

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by A.D., Aug 1, 2009.

1. Aug 1, 2009 at 4:38 PM
    A.D.

A.D. [OP] Desert Riding Ninja

Member:
    SoC♠l 4 life but stationed in Utah
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    Saw on Diners Drive-ins and Dives the other night that a burger joint was serving some awesome burger up on a soft pretzel bun, so I decided to try and make some myself. They are ridiculously good!!!! Here's how i did it.

Took about 4 cups of water, and added about 3 tsp of yeast, I mixed it up and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Next I added 5 cups of organic flour and 2 giant spoonfuls of plain yogurt, mixed it till it got to thick, then kneaded it till it was smooth. Balled it up and set it in a bowl layered in olive oil with a saran wrap cover, let it sit for an hour till it rises real big, then take it out of the bowl and punch it a couple of times to get the air out. Next bring a big pot of water to boil and add 3 tbsp of baking soda to it, then roll the dough into a burger bun shape but a little bit smaller (because they will get bigger), and boiled them on each side for like 2 minutes. Then I took them out and brushed them with a beat egg, brush them good though, this will brown them, and sprinkled sea salt over them. Last step was i put them in a preheated oven for 17 minutes at 450 deg F. Let them cool, and they are ready to eat.

Sorry for the crappy explanation. Hope that some of you try them, because they are great tasting hamburger buns.

[​IMG]

2. Aug 1, 2009 at 4:42 PM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    im going to have to try that, was that on food network?

3. Aug 1, 2009 at 4:43 PM
    A.D.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    The recipe wasn't, just an old recipe that i have for making soft pretzels, but on food network was the show DDD that had some hamburgers being served up on soft pretzel buns.

4. Aug 1, 2009 at 4:48 PM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    time to get fat! i have a new meal for next week! yay! tx

5. Aug 1, 2009 at 5:02 PM
    A.D.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    Picture added.

6. Aug 4, 2009 at 8:45 AM
    Rudbwoy7s

Rudbwoy7s Well-Known Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab 4x4 sr5
    3" Revtek suspension lift, 17" Black and silver American Eagle Alloy wheels, 285/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, sockmonkey brake light cover, Maglight mod, Viper alarm, Smith & Wesson hitch receiver cover
    too much work for just buns. They should sell packaged pre-made versions of this at the market, then people can focus on making a delicious burger to go with it.

7. Aug 4, 2009 at 8:49 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......

Sounds awesome!!! I am going to go make some right now!

8. Aug 4, 2009 at 8:54 AM
    phynyx38

phynyx38 Believe

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma PreRunner
    Wow, looks good, I'm hungry now!

9. Aug 4, 2009 at 8:26 PM
    A.D.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    I wish they sold them, they are delicious, but try them you will love them

10. Jan 3, 2010 at 7:34 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I forgot about these!

I must go get some yogurt now

11. Jan 22, 2010 at 8:43 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    I tried making these and the recipe is WAY OFF! I mixed up a VERY wet paste. I should have known when I put 4 cups of water and 5 cups of flour, there is NO WAY dough will come together with that much water/flour ratio.

I really wanted to make these, went thru a whole focking bag of flour and the shit was still paste! :mad:

I did nothing more then make a mess all over the kitchen.

Products Discussed in

To Top