Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

I need a recipe to jar jalapeno peppers...

Old 08-31-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
I need a recipe to jar jalapeno peppers...

I have jarred banana peppers but never jalapenos. Please help - I have scoured the internet but only found recipes to "pickle" the peppers. Is that the same thing?

Here's what I found:
Quote:
PICKLED JALAPENO PEPPERS Cut jalapeno peppers in half. Devein and deseed peppers. Put peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. Then put peppers in ice water for 30 minutes. Mix equal parts vinegar and sugar. Bring mixture to boil. Pack peppers in sterile jars and pour boiling mixture over peppers to cover. Seal jars and set to cool. It takes a lot of peppers to make a pint. It takes someone who has canned before to estimate the amount of vinegar and sugar.
I want sliced jalapeno's!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Go buy some.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I looked in a book we have on preserving and didn't see anything that didn't involve pickling to preserve jalapenos.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:35 AM   #4
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
I looked in a book we have on preserving and didn't see anything that didn't involve pickling to preserve jalapenos.

Can you post up the recipe to preserve them? That is what I want to do...not pickle them.

If you type in "How to jar jalapeno peppers" in google, all you get is pickling recipes.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:21 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Easy to understand instructions:

1) Get some Jalapenos.
2) Get a jar.
3) Put the Jalapenos in the jar.
4)...
5) Profit!

Disclaimer: I have no idea how long they will keep like this.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:25 AM   #6
bass turds

I have completed steps 1 and 2.

Any more detail on step 4? That's the one that kinda stumps me!
Old 09-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #7
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Revised recipe:

1) Get some Jalapenos.
2) Get a jar.
3) Try a couple jarring methods.
4) Get frustrated and make some jalapeno topped nachos instead.
5) Go "aw fuck it.", get drunk, and bang your wife/girlfriend.
6) Then profit.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
my grandma always used olive oil
Old 09-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #9
bass turds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Revised recipe:

1) Get some Jalapenos.
2) Get a jar.
3) Try a couple jarring methods.
4) Get frustrated and make some jalapeno topped nachos instead.
5) Go "aw fuck it.", get drunk, and bang your wife/girlfriend.
6) Then profit.

So if you really want an inside tip...

Cut, wash and slice a bunch of Jalapeno's. The oil comes off on your hand and can really assist you when stimulating a woman. She couldn't figure out what caused the warming sensation but didn't care .
I figured it out when I took my contacts out later that night!

I've been hanging around the UG too long!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #10

Surprised she didn't knock your block off. Must've been extremely low concentration.

Also, congratulations.