idk why but I feel inclined to share this simple meal with everyone! Its a great meal for camping because you can cook it right in the fire!
Thin sliced steak
Cambells Cream of Mushroom
1) Skin and dice the potato, onion and carrot, and place each in a bowl
2) Cut the steak into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl
3) get a strip of foil about 15 inches long and lay it out on a table
4) put about 1/2 of the cream of mushroom on the foil
5) put the desired amount of potato, onion, and carrot on top of the cream of mushroom
****hint put more onion than you think you really want, it helps to add flavor*****
6) mix up all of the ingredients...add more cream of mushroom depending on how much sauce you like...(I use about one can for myself)
7) add a good amount of salt and as much pepper as you'd like and give the meal one last good mix to make sure its all mixed up
1) wrap up the foil like a burrito and fold the ends in so it looks like a chipotle burrito all wrapped up!
2) wrap that up with one layer of newspaper
3) wrap up that with another layer of foil
****the layers should be this from inside to out....food, foil, newspaper, foil
4)throw it on the fire or the BBQ (if cooking from home) for around 15-20 minutes
5) flip it over and cook for another 15-20 minutes
take it off the fire and carefully unwrap it...
stab into one of the potatoes with a fork and see how tender it is...
the potatoes should be very soft and steamy like a baked potato...if they seem to dense wrap it all back up and throw it on the fire again!
If everything seems soft let it cool for a minute or two and try it out...
I love this dish because it is soo easy to make!
****remember you can always add more salt and pepper but never less!
if any of you acctually read this and have and ideas of other good veggies or spices to add please pm me as I make this pretty much everytime I go camping!