Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Food Talk

Notices

PICS of any or all Cast iron or Dutch Ovens Go here. Post them UP

Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
PICS of any or all Cast iron or Dutch Ovens Go here. Post them UP

Here is small collection of mine from my grand parents and a couple that I have bought over the years. I use mine quite regular and I think it is some of the best food ever. Besides the memories they bring of my grand parents which Im still fortuanate to have and share cooking with them.

So share your pics here and or recipes you have to use with them.
I have a camping trip with some fellow TW's coming up this next wknd as to which Im sharing some cooking with them at Pillsbury Lake.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the only picture I have of mine. About 70 years old. I got it from my grandmothers old summer place.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i'll post up my boring LODGE when i get home. but it is bubbling full of oil and wild turkey breast.

lake pilbury? i'm hearing reports of wild hogs showing up there. seen any?
Old 06-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #5
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
here:
Attached Thumbnails
PICS of any or all Cast iron or Dutch Ovens Go here. Post them UP-img_0007.jpg  
Old 06-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
You and I have entirely different definitions of "Dutch Oven".
Old 06-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I love those things when camping. One of the parents in our boy scout troop had one and would make really good cobbler.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
I love those things when camping. One of the parents in our boy scout troop had one and would make really good cobbler.

That's disgusting.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
That's disgusting.
lol, in that context, yes.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #10
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I found this at a yard sale today. I'll post more pictures after I clean and season it.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:15 AM   #11
i baked this weekend. granted it is modified, modern french cast iron pot.

grilled cheese sandwiches will never be the same again.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS of any or all Cast iron or Dutch Ovens Go here. Post them UP-img_01011276457823.jpg   PICS of any or all Cast iron or Dutch Ovens Go here. Post them UP-img_01031276457857.jpg  
Old 06-14-2010, 10:35 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
I found this at a yard sale today. I'll post more pictures after I clean and season it.

how much did you pay? i think that one is too far gone..just send it to me and i will dispose of it for free!

(great find! deep fry with that thing!!)
Old 06-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #14
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
lets eat
Old 06-14-2010, 11:00 AM   #15
four forty four

I got it for 15 bucks. Cleaned and seasoned it yesterday and I'm going to cook a pot roast in it tonight for dinner. I just happened to be getting things together now so I took a pic.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:58 PM   #16
four forty four

Done

Old 06-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #17
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Done

Damn did I miss dinner already. If not what time and I think I could make it.
I get to use mine a lot this wknd. But I use a 8 inch on a regular basis cooking scrambled eggs in it. Best eggs ever IMO.
Good find on the oven. That turned out great.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #18
sierra141 has a spectacular aura aboutsierra141 has a spectacular aura aboutsierra141 has a spectacular aura about
sierra141's Tacoma Gallery
Wtf!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:52 PM   #20
vball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud of

Army:
vball6pac's Tacoma Gallery
An old girlfriend of mine's dad is HUGE into Dutch Ovens. He is in charge of the north eastern chapter I think. This guy is insane, and cooks with like 10-20 at a time. Dutchovendave is all I have right now, but if anyone wants, I can get contact info....ideas, meets, recipe's, you name it. Let me know.