1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Don's Bulldog Burgers

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by Agent475, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Oct 8, 2008 at 3:27 PM
    Agent475

Agent475 [OP] "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    I want to put my “family famous” Bulldog Burgers on here for you all to enjoy... I'll add pics next time I make them...

I am a huge fan of burgers - and this is a really simple and easy thing to do. Even though I never measure ingredients - these Bulldog Burgers come out AWESOME every time I make them.

The first time I cooked for my fiancée’s family, we had a cookout. I made these burgers and I wowed them all! And because I have an English Bulldog, that’s how they got the name...

Disclaimer: The fact of the matter is that I never measure anything when I cook... so it's going to be somewhat difficult for me to get down to exact amounts of ingredients on here.... So - I recommend that you simply season to your taste... experiment a little and you will get a good burger that is sure to please.

***PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU MUST COOK THESE BURGERS ALL THE WAY THROUGH BECAUSE IT CONTAINS GROUND SAUSAGE! ALSO REMEMBER THAT BECAUSE YOU ARE WORKING WITH RAW MEAT – KEEP YOUR WORK AREA CLEAN AND SANITARY.***

-------------THINGS YOU NEED------------
    · Grill
    · Large Glass Mixing Bowl
    · Cookie Sheet
    · Ground Beef
    · Ground Italian Sausage
    · Eggs
    · Finely Chopped Onion
    · Shredded Cheese
    · Olive Oil
    · Minced Garlic
    · Various Spices (noted below)

-------------THE STEPS------------
    1. Start your grill so it starts getting hot.

**I like to slow cook my burgers for a more tender taste – so I set it to a medium to medium high flame/heat.

2. Start out with a large glass mixing bowl.

In the Bowl:
    3. Add approx. 1-2lbs of Ground Beef (more if you are making more)

4. Add approx. 1lb of Ground Italian Sausage (Sweet, Mild, or Hot… and again, more if you are making more)

**Your beef to sausage ratio should be about: (2:1, Sausage:Beef)

5. Add one egg (cracked of course)

6. Add approx. 1/2 cup of finely chopped onions

7. Add approx. 1 cup of cheese (your call on what kind... I usually use an Italian blend or cheddar and sometimes both)

8. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. (don’t use more than that – it will flare up on the grill if you do)

9. Add 1-1.5 tablespoons of minced garlic.

10. Begin to add the remaining spices (use your own judgment here):
    · Ground Coriander (this is an awesome spice with a lot of versatility – try it out!)
    · Italian Seasoning
    · Basil
    · Garlic Powder (not too much since you added the minced garlic)
    · Onion Powder (not too much since you added the onion)
    • Black Pepper
    • Sea Salt
    • Crushed Red Pepper (the more you add – the hotter it gets)

Next:

11. Get a Cookie Sheet and set it next to the bowl.

12. Using YOUR CLEAN HANDS, mix the meat and all the things you added to it until it is evenly distributed in the mixture.

13. Begin scooping out the burger meat in your hand and making what would look like a large meatball.

14. Flatten the meatball into a patty and place on the cookie sheet. I usually make a lot and end up separating layers of burgers with a piece of foil.

**Continue steps 12 and 13 until all of the meat is gone.

15. Take the cookie sheet out to the grill and place each patty on the grill. Cook them evenly - flipping them when you see the edges get slightly brown (that is my guide anyway) – being careful not to burn them! Never poke them with a fork until you think they are done… doing this will take the juices out of them and your will be eating a dry burger. Also remember that you will want to cook these all the way through because of the sausage.

16. Slap your newly made Bulldog Burger on a bun when they are done and enjoy with your favorite condiments. Feel free to add lettuce, onion, or whatever to them!

2. Oct 8, 2008 at 3:33 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    That sounds good man. I'll be trying that one.

3. Oct 9, 2008 at 8:16 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    They are really good man... I cannot wait to get some pics up for everyone!

4. Oct 9, 2008 at 9:04 AM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Damn that sounds good as hell! Adding cheese Nice!

5. Oct 9, 2008 at 9:28 AM
    Teufel Hunden

Teufel Hunden No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy

Member:
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 MGray DC SB TRD-OR 4x4 V6 Auto SR5
    Undercover tonneau, OEM tow package with hitch, OEM retractable roof rack, Front window tint (legal), WeatherTech FloorLiners, Door sill protectors, Tacoma bed mat, Rear leaf spring TSB, OEM DRL mod, Door edge guards, AFE Pro-Dry S Air Filter, Removed secondary air filter, Smoked LED 3rd brake light, Romik running boards, Go Rhino hitch step, Extra set of D-rings mod, Bed cargo net, TRD wheel locks, OBX sport pedal covers.
    Wow! Those burgers sound REALLY GREAT! I can't wait to see your pics. I'll have to try to make these soon!

6. Oct 9, 2008 at 9:37 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    those sound really good man!!! i'll be trying this real soon.

they sound similar to mine, but with different ingredients added, and im like you....i never measure ingredients.,.......i always just eyeball it.:)

7. Oct 9, 2008 at 9:39 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport

Eyeballing them is the way to go... Always comes out great!

8. Oct 9, 2008 at 9:41 AM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    you got that right my friend!!:thumbsup:

i'll post my burger recipe later today........and i'll also post my deer burger recipe!!!:)

9. Oct 9, 2008 at 9:43 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport

Mmm... now you are just making me hungry!! Cannot wait to see it! I'll eventually do my Chili here and my Pasta Sauce.... I am a big fan of italian cooking....

10. Oct 9, 2008 at 9:43 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    wow, sounds tasty. i'll have to throw some of these together next time i have a BBQ.

11. Oct 9, 2008 at 9:48 AM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    cant wait for the chili recipe man!!:)

12. Oct 28, 2008 at 12:46 PM
    LOWLO7

LOWLO7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Bakersfield, California
    Vehicle:
    2008 lifted, white tacoma
    6" Fabtech lift, 17" Moto Metal rims, 33" Nitto tires [grille coming soon]
    Im thinkin' about tryin these this weekend!
    My family and I are going camping and we always have burgers..
    so might as well try a new kind :]
    thanks!

13. Oct 28, 2008 at 12:49 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I made these for the wife the other night. Only thing I did different was I put some cheddar cheese on the hamburg buns and toasted them in the oven while the burgers were cooking. She was impressed. thanks for the recipe.

14. Oct 28, 2008 at 12:50 PM
    norcalbb11

norcalbb11 Nor*Cal

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco Sport 4x4
    flowmaster 40 series, tinted windows, airaid CAI, removed 2nd filter, aries black bull bar
    these burgers sound great, i usually put stuff in my burgers like that but never tried the sausage, i might just have to give this a try, thanks!

15. Jan 8, 2009 at 10:15 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport

I usually grill the buns - forgot about that - thanks for the reminder.

Products Discussed in

To Top