1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bad restaurant experience

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by TacoDawgfan, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Oct 22, 2011 at 6:28 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan [OP] Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Ok, been wanting to try Red Robin for some time now as I don't have one very close to home. Ate at the closest one to my house this evening. About a 45 minute drive and we were in the area. Food was good. (sorta) Sit down order, food comes, everything seems fine. My wife gets to the middle portion of her burger, pink in the middle. (she said well done) I don't know why people eat ground beef medium? So anyway right after she points this out to me and ask's if mines ok, which it was, I take another bite and get a hold of what I thought was a tough piece of lettuce as it starts pulling out of my burger and I cant bite it off. So I peel the bun off and find that it's wax paper. :mad: WTF? I don't know if it was from the cheese, off the patty or what but sure enough a woman (not sure who she was, not our server) ask if everything is ok? Um.....No. She indeed says it does look like paper and quickly takes my food and orders me a new burger. So being very patient, my new burger gets there quickly, my wife didn't complain about hers since she was halfway done and already full. So second burger was great and got there quickly. They did knock off the price of my meal. But none the less, a bad experience. I don't think my wife will go back, partially due to the cost. Can almost get a steak dinner for that. Anyway, not meaning to rant, just wondering if anyone else had bad experiences with them?

2. Oct 22, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    The couple times I have been the food was good. Not good enough to make me seek the place out in the future, but no complaints.

I did try to order a margarita at Ruby Tuesday's in South Carolina on a Sunday once......that was funny, I swear the room got quiet. The south really is a whole different ballgame.

3. Oct 22, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    Oat

Oat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Prerunner
    Gibson Exhaust, Painted factory steel wheels, Chrome wheel caps, K&N Air intake, Tint, Regular Bilstein (yellow/blue) all around, Leveling spacer kit upfront, Partially de-badged, Westin Bullbar with skidplate, White, Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    Never been to red robin, chillies or apple bea's is the best burgers around here for me.

4. Oct 22, 2011 at 6:37 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I eat most of my beef medium or so. Tastes better and I don't have to worry about choking on dry meat.

Sounds like the normal busy night eff ups...They comped it-Life goes on. ::shrug::

5. Oct 22, 2011 at 6:42 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    i love red robin... every 10th burger is free. i always order my burgers medium. love their food. sucks you had a bad experience.

also where can you get a steak dinner for <$30? for two

6. Oct 22, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    TacoDawgfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Funny thing is, we seem to have bad experiences when eating somewhere new to us. A few years back we were on vacation in Daytona beach and my wife said before we went we have to eat at Bubba Gumps. Sat down, ordered as our server explained about the signs on the table. Leave it on green you're good, flip it to red means you need something and ANY server that passes by is supposed to check on you. Well after sitting for 20-30 minutes our server hadn't come back and not one of the employees passing by would stop as we had our sign on red after waiting so long. We didn't see our server anywhere so we thought maybe her shift ended and nobody knew to pick up her table or something. Finally someone stopped, they checked and no order was ever put in for us so we had to order all over again, the manager came out and apologized giving all 3 of our meals on the house. Turns out our server had a large party outside and apparently forgot about us, that was fine, but nobody would stop to check as the signs were set up for. Anyway luckily we were in no hurry and were very patient that day. If it hadn't been a special place for us though, we would have walked out.

7. Oct 22, 2011 at 6:55 PM
    TacoDawgfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    We eat Texas Roadhouse a good bit. Usually 12-15 bucks a person compared to the 11 per plate at RR had we not gotten the free meal. Not a huge difference to us for a steak compared to a burger.

8. Oct 22, 2011 at 7:00 PM
    jjw1

jjw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White DCSB TRD OR PreRunner
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    Meh, never been to Red Robin but I will stick with Olive Garden as my choice of eatery :D

9. Oct 22, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    ronman737

ronman737 Dangerous

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Greenville, SC
    2008 4Runner 4x4 Sport
    I work at Red Robin. That paper was from the cheese. Probably just a mistake on the cooks part. I agree that it is expensive. My store is next to a Longhorn and I honestly cant understand why you wouldnt go there first. Its 12 bucks for a steak and salad with a baked potato and bread. Why would you pay 15 for a coke and a burger with some fries.

10. Oct 22, 2011 at 7:07 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    My girl and I had a bad experience at Bubba Gump's. They put that stack of plates on the table for appetizers. Well, the first one in the stack looked clean, second one was covered in tartar sauce. I picked up the first plate and got my hand covered in someone else's sauce, spit, etc. I was pissed. It could have happened anywhere and it was an honest mistake, but I am glad my girl had it handled by the time I got back from washing my hands. I would have tried to be polite, but I was definitely mad.

11. Oct 24, 2011 at 6:50 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    RR isn't awesome. We don't have one but St. Louis has plenty. I could see the appeal of the bottomless fries if you were super-hungry.

12. Oct 24, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    Polymerhead

Polymerhead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Limited Inferno...Tundra!
    Don't tell me that - we have one opening up here. :D

Actually, I have gotten pretty great at cooking steaks a couple different ways, so I rarely go out for steak and I never go to a chain for steak anymore. A quality HyVee cut dried out for a day in the fridge, brought to room temp and then seared on the hottest cast iron skillet I can muster = an awesome steak for me. I'll add some butter as it rests if I'm feeling really decadent.

13. Oct 24, 2011 at 6:59 PM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Its funny about 4 years ago there was a Red Robin around 30 minutes from my house. It was close to work so sometimes I would run in and get lunch or dinner. The food was always good and I liked ordering from them, the milkshakes were super good. Then one day all of a sudden it was closed. Find out a while later it was tax fraud and found out that they werent paying their employees either...

14. Oct 24, 2011 at 7:07 PM
    Dmonkey

Dmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    Eibach height adjust shocks in front, KYB monomax shocks in the back. Stock springs front and back. Level 8 MK6 10mm offset wheels on Cooper ATP tires (stock size)
    Really? problem corrected and thats a bad experience?

How about going to an expensive restaurant on the SF bay only to have your drink never refilled and you see your waiter twice, once to get drink and food orders... since it took him so long to get there in the first place, and second time to deliver food. then they charge 18% gratuity because there's 5 people I almost snapped... but it wasn't my party so i just kept my mouth shut

15. Oct 24, 2011 at 7:10 PM
    TacoDawgfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Well it wasn't a very pleasant experience eating paper.

16. Oct 24, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    Dmonkey

Dmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    VZN159L (2002 DC)
    Eibach height adjust shocks in front, KYB monomax shocks in the back. Stock springs front and back. Level 8 MK6 10mm offset wheels on Cooper ATP tires (stock size)
    I would have peeled it off and continued eating then mentioned it for a discount. Half the time I get a mouth full of paper when I eat an in n out burger anyway.

17. Oct 24, 2011 at 7:18 PM
    TacoDawgfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    True, but at first I wasn't sure what it was. Even after I pulled it out I was like what the hell? Is that paper? My wife couldn't tell nor the woman that checked on us. But she snatched it up quicker than I could say it's okay. It was a thick piece of paper, wax paper I guess.

18. Oct 24, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Yeah, that's nothing. I got moldy bread at a restaurant once. At least the restaurant gave my entire family's meal to us for free. :D

19. Oct 24, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    07regtacoman

07regtacoman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Davis Ca
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver REG Cab
    Painted arm rests, 2011 front grille,Readylift for 5lug.
    Went to Chili's here and waited about an hour to get served.Then when the food did arrive it was cold and they also got the order wrong.Nobody to complain to since the waiter never checked on us.Once we did complain the new order took an extra twenty minutes just for a quesadilla.Never gone back it just ticked me off so bad.

20. Oct 24, 2011 at 10:29 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Now this is a bad experience. When the waiter/waitress is apologetic and makes things right in a timely manner, they're ok in my book. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top