Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Functional hood scoop?

Old 08-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #21
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
on another note i found out that a forward facing snorkel does boost power and economy. being it is in a higher pressure and volume of cooler air... snorkel mod> than functional hood scoop
Old 08-03-2010, 07:15 AM   #22
Bobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant futureBobo_1 has a brilliant future

Army: C Co, 2nd Bat 75th Inf
Name: Bobo
Bobo_1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
on another note i found out that a forward facing snorkel does boost power and economy. being it is in a higher pressure and volume of cooler air... snorkel mod> than functional hood scoop
If I spent allot of time off road I could live with it otherwise it is too fugly but totally functional.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #23
ABKAEHUU is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
ABKAEHUU's Tacoma Gallery
AirScoop Cylon lights

I'm installing a Cylon light (scanning leds) in mine. It's the only thing
it/s good for. Will post pictures when done.
Electronics from MakerShed Store.

ABK
Old 05-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #24
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABKAEHUU View Post
I'm installing a Cylon light (scanning leds) in mine. It's the only thing
it/s good for. Will post pictures when done.
Electronics from MakerShed Store.

ABK
Interested to see final.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:11 AM   #25
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Interested to see final.
if you open up the scoop w/ nothing else, you can see the heat leaving the hood scoop. it's about as good as it'll get. just a high spot for heat to dissipate. hopefully i'll have the snorkel on this weekend and can attest to it's gains.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #27
wade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwade9986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
Name: Ross
wade9986's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a pic of an actual custom ram air setup with the sport scoop:
http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=104663
Old 10-30-2012, 05:59 AM   #28
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade9986 View Post
Here's a pic of an actual custom ram air setup with the sport scoop:
http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=104663
Not functional. Thanks for reviving an old thread. Apparently with the angle of the hood and blunt hit by wind the grill takes, no air really passes over scoop. If it does, because air above it is moving so quick, it will create a suction rather ram air effect.