Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

front loader washer question

Old 07-17-2010, 07:53 AM   #1
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
front loader washer question

Hope someone can help. We have a front loader samsung washer and dryer. It's about two years old a few months ago the little cup that you put fabic softner into fills up with water about halfway after doing a load. Also if you put softner into it it doesn't get sucked out. The detergent side is right beside it and it works just fine. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 07-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have a samsung. I have a Whirlpool Neptune....So, not sure I can help you or not.

Are you sure the fluids get 'sucked' out of the cups? With mine...I have to fill the cup up with softener to a 'fill line'. The water pours in there and the mixture of water/fluid flows over the top of the cup. There is no 'sucking' action. On mine, if you remove the cup....there is no holes in the bottom. If you don't fill the fluid up to the 'fill line', it doesn't work properly and leaves water/fluid left behind after the load is done.

This website is frigin awesome for finding some answers to appliance problems.
http://applianceguru.com/
Old 07-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I don't have a samsung. I have a Whirlpool Neptune....So, not sure I can help you or not.

Are you sure the fluids get 'sucked' out of the cups? With mine...I have to fill the cup up with softener to a 'fill line'. The water pours in there and the mixture of water/fluid flows over the top of the cup. There is no 'sucking' action. On mine, if you remove the cup....there is no holes in the bottom. If you don't fill the fluid up to the 'fill line', it doesn't work properly and leaves water/fluid left behind after the load is done.

This website is frigin awesome for finding some answers to appliance problems.
http://applianceguru.com/
No, not sure if the fluids get sucked out. What you say though makes sense that water gets added to softner and then pours out, but even so, there is ALWAYS water in the cup that never used to be there when the machine was brand new and when I do put softner in it after the load is done it still looks milky so I don't know if any at all is going in the tub or not.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:16 AM   #5
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Those dispensers use a siphon action to dispense softner and bleach. If you manually pour water into the dispenser where you put your bleach or softner, you will see what I am talking about. Insufficient water flow to that cup in the dispenser will cause what you are describing.

Possible causes: Low water flow from house water supply, bad water valve inside machine, clogged passages in the dispenser itself. There may also be a mechanical linkage that switches the dispenser into different modes.

Take the hoses off the back of the machine and look for debris caught in the filter screens in the machine's water inlet valves. Also check the house end of the hoses for any filter screens that may be installed there. Be very careful not to get any debris in the machine valve while cleaning the screens.

Pull the dispenser drawer out and look for the water passages located on the roof of the dispenser compartment. If anything looks clogged, try to clean with a paperclip.

If you can get the machine's top panel off, check for any obvious broken mechanical parts on the dispenser linkage.

This problem usually results in the dispenser assembly getting replaced. The small passages inside the dispenser get clogged up from hard water.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Those dispensers use a siphon action to dispense softner and bleach. If you manually pour water into the dispenser where you put your bleach or softner, you will see what I am talking about. Insufficient water flow to that cup in the dispenser will cause what you are describing.

Possible causes: Low water flow from house water supply, bad water valve inside machine, clogged passages in the dispenser itself. There may also be a mechanical linkage that switches the dispenser into different modes.

Take the hoses off the back of the machine and look for debris caught in the filter screens in the machine's water inlet valves. Also check the house end of the hoses for any filter screens that may be installed there. Be very careful not to get any debris in the machine valve while cleaning the screens.

Pull the dispenser drawer out and look for the water passages located on the roof of the dispenser compartment. If anything looks clogged, try to clean with a paperclip.

If you can get the machine's top panel off, check for any obvious broken mechanical parts on the dispenser linkage.

This problem usually results in the dispenser assembly getting replaced. The small passages inside the dispenser get clogged up from hard water.
i'll check the hoses, the dispenser drawer is not clogged ,thanks