Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

where to mount winch solenoid

Old 07-25-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
where to mount winch solenoid

i bout a warn m8000 winch i have the winch mounted on the bumper but cant find a good place to mount the solenoid, where do yall have your solenoids mounted i need ideas
Old 07-25-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
put it under the hood on the pass. side wheel well
Old 07-25-2010, 10:29 PM   #3
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
i tried but my issue is then the short ass wires wont reach the winch it self.

you think i could get the same guage wire and solder the two to extend it with out breaking any kinda warrenty rules?
Old 07-25-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i would think you should be able to

crack the winch open and replace the wires completely instead of soldering them together
Old 07-25-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
its the ones in the solenoid that wont reach, they make it a really long hot and ground but everything else is about 8" haha

it looks about 4 guage, ill see if i can crack it open and find some new wire for it while im out shopping tomorrow
Old 07-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

thats what i would do personally
Old 07-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #7
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
haha i cant sleep so i may try to crack it open now
Old 07-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #8
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
wow...the wiring in there is so simple it aint funny, the only thing i cant remove is the motor ground
Old 07-25-2010, 11:13 PM   #9
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
I found some replacement battery cables that had the right ends on it and long enough to reach.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:14 PM   #10
I like to break shit!

Firefighter:
just the kind youd pick up from somewhere like autozone?
Old 07-26-2010, 02:27 AM   #11
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
yep. Nothing special about the wire except to make sure you get the ring ends on both sides. I just used the same gauge wire that came with the main power line (4 gauge?), which the majority of battery cables are made of.

As for length, I took a string, ran it the route I planned to take it and measured. Make sure to give yourself extra since 4 gauge isn't nearly as flexible and quite a lot thicker than string.

For mounting, I just drilled two holes in the wheel well and tightened it up with some washers and lock washers. Just used the two bolts that are on the solenoid pack.