Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

engine vs. head gasket.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
drumboy77 is on a distinguished road
Name: Peter
drumboy77's Tacoma Gallery
engine vs. head gasket.

Yes, on a 1994 over 200k miles. Just thinking if I should go with head gasket replacement or a used engine. Please give me an advice. V6 3.0L
Old 07-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
what wrong with it? If its still running i say neither
Old 07-28-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Im assuming the gasket has gone and hes deciding what option to do.

I say 3.4 swap to get rid of the 3.slow
Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Im assuming the gasket has gone and hes deciding what option to do.

I say 3.4 swap to get rid of the 3.slow
lol i know im just messing. Thread/ Post is a bit abstract/ missing a reason for service
Old 07-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #5
Dedicated Crew Chief
AKTacoma has a spectacular aura aboutAKTacoma has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chris
AKTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I recently had my head gasket replaced, I have the 3.4L V6. I had a shop do it though, with new head gaskets, mater pump, timing belt, valve shim kit, it was about $1800. I also had to replace the thermostat and fan clutch right after. But I did that because I was moving and didn't have the money nor the time for a new motor.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
With used engines, you're just buying someone else's headache. You can't tell how they run or how they were run.
Get a quality rebuild or do it yourself.