Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Oil Change

Old 09-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
cwagly is on a distinguished road
cwagly's Tacoma Gallery
Oil Change

Hi,

Need a little help. I have a 07 Tacoma 4x4. I always have taken the truck in to the dealer to get the oil changed and i figured i start doing it myself. I used to do it on my smaller cars, but this is my first truck. (And love it!!!!) . I crawled underneath the truck, and I saw a few plugs. I am not sure which one is the oil pan. I am not a mechanic and I'm not a novice, but I want to make sure I drain the proper one. I feel a little stupid asking, but better safe then sorry. Can anyone of you please help me out? Do I need to take the skidplate off? If you have pics, please provide. Thanks.
Cwagly
Old 09-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Your better off asking that draining the ATF like have done. (More than likely will admit)

Its the one further forward and not the one under the transmission. (Yeah, i know, sounds wise ass...) To be sure, do a search on 'oil charges'. Chris 4x4 actually posted a pic with the proper one circled.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
Geode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Geode's Tacoma Gallery
Check under the mods and tutorial section for the DIY oil change. Should answer all your questions, for me it did, thnks TW
Old 09-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #6
cwagly is on a distinguished road
cwagly's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to everyone replying. I have been very amazed by the help this website provides. Big kudo's to you all. Thanks