Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

ARB Compressor

Old 09-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
ARB Compressor

Installed an ARB compressor a couple months back but just got to cleaning up the install, so here are some pics.

I made this bracket to bolt to existing studs on fender well. Also used existing hole for the relay.

Ran wiring along existing loom on firewall.

Hooked 12v constant to terminal in fuse block, ground to battery ground on fender wall and ran the switch wires through the loom near the steering column.

I had to take apart the whole damn dash to get to the location where I wanted to put the switch. Next to the A-TRAC and AUX

Here is the switch location I chose. The only blank spot I had for a toggle is now occupied. I did have to trin off the backing material used for Toyota toggles and open up the hole very little vertically.

I think it turned out great. Works wonderfully. Thanks to my cousin Jimmy for the hook up at 4Wheel Parts.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
right on bro looks good... i notice u have the off road taco isnt locked already or did u do the front... all in all it looks good...
I got it just to air my tires back up!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #4
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
looks good D holy shit on the inside that must have took some time!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Looks good!! What size relay did you use?

I'm in the middle of doing the same, waiting on relays, relay bank, fuse blocks, and a couple more switches.

Just used the one that came in the install kit when I bought the compressor. I am not installing the lockers as I already have the factory locker in the rear. I don't get into it enough to install a front locker at this time.

Anywho, looking good. Any pics on compressor and how you mounted it?
Old 09-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #6
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
looks good D holy shit on the inside that must have took some time!
All that shit pops apart nice and quick luckily. It took about an hour I guess.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:28 AM   #7
Famous Fabrication

DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Not instaled yet, I went with the full VIAIR setup with the 2.5 gal tank and all.
NICE! I am looking for a tank for more capacity.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:00 AM   #8
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Looks good, I did the same thing just recently to my taco ( no pics yet ) and I picked the same spot for the switch. Its nice cause now I have light down there!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #9
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Back from the dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
All that shit pops apart nice and quick luckily. It took about an hour I guess.
Any tips or instructions for pulling the dash apart?

I'm having trouble finding a thread where a guy put the 2009 + ATRAC/AUX/12v panel (pictured in your first post) in his 2007.

I'm ready to do the same thing with my 2007 to have more switch locations.

EDIT: Found it

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post1539464