Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

anything welding

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #2061
Camburg Girl
KayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shedKayStrait is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kayla
KayStrait's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
That looks really good. Your technique and heat level look great. Only advice I'd give you is to clean the joint better before welding. There should be zero mil scale on any of the metal that is within a half inch or so of the weld.

I use a wire brush wheel on a bench grinder for the cleaning, then a quick wipe with acetone.

Well thanks! and yes, I was being lazy and didn't clean it too much. lol I wouldn't say my weld is better than yours! I am still trying to be more consistent when it comes to starting and stopping. I just really need to spend more time practicing. I'm sure if I was able to weld every other day it would be a ton better!
Old 10-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #2062
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayStrait View Post
Well thanks! and yes, I was being lazy and didn't clean it too much. lol I wouldn't say my weld is better than yours! I am still trying to be more consistent when it comes to starting and stopping. I just really need to spend more time practicing. I'm sure if I was able to weld every other day it would be a ton better!
Yup practice makes perfect. Just keep at it.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #2065
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
anything welding-imageuploadedbytapatalk1380839572.379269.jpg
Old 10-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #2066
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Structure that I'm building at work. Gonna be over 40 foot high when fully assembled

Did some welding on a D60 for my buddies Heep
Old 10-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #2067
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger4x4 View Post
Structure that I'm building at work. Gonna be over 40 foot high when fully assembled

Did some welding on a D60 for my buddies Heep
That looks cool as hell
Old 10-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #2068
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kirk
koditten's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda new here, found this is where we are supposed to post our welding projects.

Here are a few trailers that I have built.

KO
Attached Thumbnails
anything welding-user22515_pic1149_1243874245_thumb.jpg   anything welding-user22515_pic1151_1243874245_thumb.jpg   anything welding-user22515_pic1150_1243874245_thumb.jpg   anything welding-user22515_pic1145_1243873682_thumb.jpg   anything welding-june12-001.jpg  

anything welding-img00174-20121112-1655.jpg  
Old 10-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #2069
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here are a few pics of the bump I built for My other truck, sorry it's a Tundra
Attached Thumbnails
anything welding-tundrabumperprogress-007.jpg   anything welding-tundrabumperprogress-008.jpg   anything welding-tundrabumperprogress-009.jpg   anything welding-tundrabumperprogress-010.jpg   anything welding-tundrabumperprogress-012.jpg  

anything welding-tundrafinalcoat-20001.jpg   anything welding-tundrabumperprogress-020.jpg   anything welding-tundrafinalcoat-20006.jpg  
Old 10-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #2070
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome work! Doesn't mater if it's a tundra, just not a Jeep

Welcome to TW!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #2071
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by koditten View Post
Here are a few pics of the bump I built for My other truck, sorry it's a Tundra
dude, that walter sure is an espensive circle guide

had to comment as I see other people use them very seldom. I try and save mine for stainless but sometimes I cant help it and use them on some nasty steel. best flapper out there hands down.

well, in other news, I have my fingers crossed on an old sa200. . . .still not sure he will sell or for what price but im really hoping. maybe I will have a nice boring continental rebuild for you guys. who likes flat-heads?
Old 10-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #2072
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Any TIG welders round here?
Old 10-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #2073
Spagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Spagget13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
I'm in the tig program at Mt.SAC. Just finished aluminum and we are starting stainless today.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #2074
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spagget13 View Post
I'm in the tig program at Mt.SAC. Just finished aluminum and we are starting stainless today.
I'm in welding class currently. Im currently learning horizontal position on all metals. I've done 1/16" stainless and mild steel, 1/8" aluminum, and 1/8" mild steel
Old 10-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #2075
Spagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Spagget13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm in welding class currently. Im currently learning horizontal position on all metals. I've done 1/16" stainless and mild steel, 1/8" aluminum, and 1/8" mild steel
Oh right on! Looks like I won't be very beneficial to you for answering questions. lol
Old 10-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #2076
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Yup . Love the hell out of tig
Old 10-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #2077
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
i miss tig so much, i work in an aluminum shop now and all i use is a 30A spool gun.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #2078
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
I'm thinking about buying a Miller Multimatic 200. Does tig mig and stick. Any of y'all use one?
Old 10-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #2079

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92dlxman View Post
dude, that walter sure is an espensive circle guide

had to comment as I see other people use them very seldom. I try and save mine for stainless but sometimes I cant help it and use them on some nasty steel. best flapper out there hands down.

well, in other news, I have my fingers crossed on an old sa200. . . .still not sure he will sell or for what price but im really hoping. maybe I will have a nice boring continental rebuild for you guys. who likes flat-heads?
Yeah, those Walters are spendy, but they last forever compared to the other shit thats out there.

The Toyota fog lights required a metric hole, trimming down spent disc to the correct diameter worked great and a bonus I was able to get a few more grinds out of the disc.

Later

KO
Old 10-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #2080
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Laid down some tig welds on 1/8" mild steel. 1/16" Stainless kicked my ass tonight.

anything welding-uploadfromtaptalk1382498202076.jpg

Products Discussed in this Thread