Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

anything welding

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #2461
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
I had the same problem when I asked about shipping freight. Do you just talk to the manager then?
Regional rep. I can give you his info if you want.

EDIT: More info

Kyle Cooper
The Fastenal Company
RegionalCustomer Shipping Coordinator
Desk(317)472-4353
Cell(317)294-3584

Double EDIT:

For anyone else heres a link to Fastenals website for freight shipping

http://www.fastenal.com/web/en/22/th...816!-333610473
Old 02-03-2014, 08:58 AM   #2462
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!
Old 02-04-2014, 07:41 PM   #2463
AgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant future

Name: Joey
AgMechTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Here's one of the first welds I ever made. It was with an oxy- acetylene torch with a welding tip. Not very good, but I was proud at the time .

Old 02-04-2014, 11:28 PM   #2464
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgMechTacoma View Post
Here's one of the first welds I ever made. It was with an oxy- acetylene torch with a welding tip. Not very good, but I was proud at the time .

Where did you learn to weld? I see you're around Clemson. I've got a brother in the welding program at TriCounty but I don't think they teach oxyacetylene there.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:09 AM   #2465
AgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant futureAgMechTacoma has a brilliant future

Name: Joey
AgMechTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I learned through the ag mech department at clemson. We had to take a fabrication class freshman year.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:17 AM   #2466
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
For all of you who do a lot of fab work, cutting tube or angle stock, etc...

What saw do you recommend and why? I'm going to have to dust off my welding skills and do some of my own fab if my overland build is ever going to get done, and I'm going to need a quality saw to help.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:34 AM   #2467
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
I've used anything from the harbor freight chop saw, Milwaukee dry cut chop, to a northern tools 12" horizontal band saw. Depends on what you are going to be fabbing.....
Old 02-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #2468
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
I've used anything from the harbor freight chop saw, Milwaukee dry cut chop, to a northern tools 12" horizontal band saw. Depends on what you are going to be fabbing.....
A lot of 1-2" tube, angle iron, max 2"x2" square stock. If I design anything with plate I'll send that out to get cut.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #2469
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOTA LOVER View Post
A lot of 1-2" tube, angle iron, max 2"x2" square stock. If I design anything with plate I'll send that out to get cut.
Probably overkill, but for the price they are hard to beat.
http://www.mscdirect.com/product/62112214?fromRR=Y
Old 02-05-2014, 07:45 AM   #2470
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You have a work table yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
That only cuts tube right? Hot damn that is pricey.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #2471
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That only cuts tube right? Hot damn that is pricey.
Yeah, square and round. Not that bad for an entry level cold saw. Some of the better/ higher capacity saws like Dake or Scotchman are upwards of 7 Grand.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:05 AM   #2472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
That's a sick saw, but definitely out of my price range. I was thinking about one like this: http://www.mscdirect.com/product/09233529?fromRR=Y The intent is to make my projects, not go into mass production.

Quote:
You have a work table yet?
I have a workbench topped with plate steel. Its got a vice on the left and is cluttered with shit, but after a quick cleanup will be much more usable.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:13 AM   #2473
tomwopat is on a distinguished road

tomwopat's Tacoma Gallery
Any recommendations on a fairly cheap 110V plasma cutter ($300-500)? I won't be cutting anything too thick, mainly because I only have a 110V welder. I'm looking at something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIMADRE-50R-...item2588b886db
Old 02-05-2014, 08:13 AM   #2474
Toyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Toyanvil's Tacoma Gallery
Built this with my Miller 211.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:19 AM   #2475
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
my Junk.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:19 AM   #2476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyanvil View Post
Built this with my Miller 211.

+1 for the sickest Radio Flyer mod on the planet!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #2477
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For all of you who do a lot of fab work, cutting tube or angle stock, etc...

What saw do you recommend and why? I'm going to have to dust off my welding skills and do some of my own fab if my overland build is ever going to get done, and I'm going to need a quality saw to help.
I run one of these for general cutting and they're awesome saws.
It's a non-lubricated cold saw so the metal barely heats during cutting so you can touch it after a cut and little burring, no sparks or dust comes out, just metal chips (they're pretty loud though). Blades last well when properly treated and can be resharpened several times to get the most out of the cost of a blade.

http://www.amazon.com/Evolution-Powe...s=evolution+14
Old 02-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #2478
Peanut butter mini time

The only problem that I did not like about the metal blade chops is the fact that if you dont tighten the material down all the way every time you can bind the blade and chip a tooth. The cut is nice but composite blades are more forgiving.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:09 AM   #2479
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's a sick saw, but definitely out of my price range. I was thinking about one like this: http://www.mscdirect.com/product/09233529?fromRR=Y The intent is to make my projects, not go into mass production.
You should be fine with a chop saw for home use they are loud and messy unless you get a steel blade. Cold saws are not really for mass production they are great for short runs and custom stuff but for production you want a hydraulic feed band saw. I have a Ellis 1600 in my shop and it's great I can do short production runs of nine 2"x 2" tubes at once just start it ans walk away wile it cuts it really speeds up the production when you have to cut 1000+ slider legs in a day .

This is what I think of when I think of a production saw and something like it will be my next saw
http://metal.baileighindustrial.com/...bandsaw-bs-20a
Old 02-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #2480
Peanut butter mini time

yeah I convinced the last multi-million dollar residential builder to buy a 12" horizontal. Before I showed up they were cutting 20' sticks of 6-12" 1/4 flat with horses and Milwaukee metal skill saws.... fucking shop was a joke.

Products Discussed in this Thread