Notices

anything welding

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2014, 12:43 PM   #2461
cdk has a spectacular aura aboutcdk has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
cdk's Tacoma Gallery
a couple of my projects so far.

welder cart. holds: welder, bottle, chop saw, speed square, tape measure, grinder, and some misc stuff in the cover.

headache rack for my colorado. did the bumper too, but don't have any pics on this pc.

headache rack for my tacoma. currently modifying it to add lights.
texas gussets from relentless fabrication.

cut the bottom of the top tube off, added 3'' strap and cut a piece of 2.5'' sq tube in 1/2 then assembled.
haven't decided on 2 lights or 3 yet, but 3 will be a tight fit w/ the grommets.

movable storage rack for 2 atvs for garage w/ 8' ceiling.
still need to weld on a roller for the winch line, and tidy up the wiring for the winch.
top atv has the bars loosened and leaned back. ~3/4'' off the ground and ~3'' from the ceiling.

used leftovers rather than go buy material for the wheel mounts. (gussets added after pic.)

Old 01-22-2014, 12:54 PM   #2462
Yotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant future

Name: Ze
Yotamac's Tacoma Gallery
thats a pretty cool little cart...

I just finished mine today

Time to beat the shit out of it!
Attached Thumbnails
anything welding-img_5067.jpg   anything welding-img_5062.jpg  
Old 01-23-2014, 06:07 AM   #2463
cdk has a spectacular aura aboutcdk has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
cdk's Tacoma Gallery
ooo i like that one. wish i had room for a table like that.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:10 AM   #2464
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
I take it you sprayed that table right there on the driveway?
Old 01-23-2014, 09:24 AM   #2465
Yotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant futureYotamac has a brilliant future

Yotamac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
I take it you sprayed that table right there on the driveway?

how could you tell... lol NEXT project... clean up I'm tempted to just paint the whole driveway sunshine red and call it a day ...
Old 01-23-2014, 09:34 AM   #2466
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotamac View Post
how could you tell... lol NEXT project... clean up I'm tempted to just paint the whole driveway sunshine red and call it a day ...
If you got enough cans I say go for it
Old 01-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #2467
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Last time I'll ask, but the other welder sold before I could pick it up. What do you guys think of this deal? I can get it for $450 and it looks to be in great shape. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/tls/4295480421.html
Old 01-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #2468
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Last time I'll ask, but the other welder sold before I could pick it up. What do you guys think of this deal? I can get it for $450 and it looks to be in great shape. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/tls/4295480421.html
I'd go grab it now if I were you.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #2469
tomwopat is on a distinguished road

tomwopat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have the 140 and paid under $500 (cart came free) new from northerntool.http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...1413_200471413
The only plus to the used one is the tank. Personally I would go new but I'm not as experienced as the others on here.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #2470

Yotamac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Meh... figure out the max your willing to spend... And start searching the internet for a new one. you may be surprised what you may be able to find , sometimes tax and shipping free too...
Old 01-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #2471
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
I'd go grab it now if I were you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwopat View Post
I have the 140 and paid under $500 (cart came free) new from northerntool.http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...1413_200471413
The only plus to the used one is the tank. Personally I would go new but I'm not as experienced as the others on here.
Quote:
Meh... figure out the max your willing to spend... And start searching the internet for a new one. you may be surprised what you may be able to find , sometimes tax and shipping free too...
Hmm, getting some conflicting opinions...haha My max is about $400. I still need to pick up a grinder, disks, clamps and pliars, not to mention steel. I know I can get a reconditioned Hobart 140 for around $435, but that requires getting a cart and bottle as well.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #2472

Yotamac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm, getting some conflicting opinions...haha My max is about $400. I still need to pick up a grinder, disks, clamps and pliars, not to mention steel. I know I can get a reconditioned Hobart 140 for around $435, but that requires getting a cart and bottle as well.
Keep in mind if you plan on doing any serious welding you will need a larger tank. Also, if you decide to change to Argon/CO2 you will need a make changes too. So take the bottle out of the equation. .. Now you have warranty, with items like these they are usually built to last but you never know and warranty usually covered 2-5 years on welding units. As for the cart, it can be your first project or buy one for $40 at HF... good luck on your decision.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #2473
4runner Troll

Quote:
Keep in mind if you plan on doing any serious welding you will need a larger tank. Also, if you decide to change to Argon/CO2 you will need a make changes too. So take the bottle out of the equation. .. Now you have warranty, with items like these they are usually built to last but you never know and warranty usually covered 2-5 years on welding units. As for the cart, it can be your first project or buy one for $40 at HF... good luck on your decision.
Thanks, I just talked to the local welding shop and they will swap out an older oxygen tank I have for a CO2 or 75/25 and just charge me the fill. I can't remember the tank size, but it's bigger than the one in the ad.

Does anyone know if the supplied regulator will work on all bottles?
Old 01-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #2474

Yotamac's Tacoma Gallery
Some Argon/CO2 regulators area adaptable for straight CO2 and the other way around.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:15 PM   #2475
4runner Troll

Awesome, thank you so much for the help. I took a welding class last year, but we didn't delve that deep into Mig and all the intricacies of it, so all of this helps. I'm probably just going to get a new/reconditioned one and swap my bottles.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:15 PM   #2476
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
For reference, I just picked up (bought the tank) a 125 CF Ar/CO2 tank filled for $250, so they are not cheap. A fill is ~$50.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:17 PM   #2477
4runner Troll

Dang that's expensive.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:21 PM   #2478

Yotamac's Tacoma Gallery
I got a 95 CF, 75/25 Filled on Craigslist with good stamps, for $100 and the guy had a 125 CF Filled for $175.00... it was just timing though...lol its hard finding deals like that often...
Old 01-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #2479
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got a 95 CF, 75/25 Filled on Craigslist with good stamps, for $100 and the guy had a 125 CF Filled for $175.00... it was just timing though...lol its hard finding deals like that often...
I was looking for a while on craigslist, they were either expensive or were out of date. So I ended up just paying for a "new" bottle, I still need one for argon no way I'm paying $300 for it, hopefully.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:21 PM   #2480
4runner Troll

Yeah I think my tank is a 95 CF, but I'll check when I get home.

Products Discussed in this Thread