Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

anything welding

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #21
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Learning to TIG

V-goove capped off

Backside

Old 01-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #22
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
We had a buddy do it hence why it took a while for him to get here.
Gotcha. Some one at work told me about a buck fitty if I had the breakers. Sounded a bit high since I just wanted the outlet right at the breaker.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #23
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
aww man, tig is awesome!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #24
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Gotcha. Some one at work told me about a buck fitty if I had the breakers. Sounded a bit high since I just wanted the outlet right at the breaker.
That sounds about right. I'm assuming that's without the extension cord to. If it were that would be a killer deal. I paid about that much in materials(including the extension.)
Old 01-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #25
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

7018 messin around in class

Old 01-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #27
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
hmm, I'm noticing my welds suck looking at all these
Old 01-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #28
The Welfare Cadilac

In the fall i'll start learning how to TIG pipe.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #29
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I took a welding class last year and learned how to gas and arc weld..it was so much fun! I miss that class!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #30
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
That sounds about right. I'm assuming that's without the extension cord to. If it were that would be a killer deal. I paid about that much in materials(including the extension.)
Never thought about the extension so I was assuming that was just labor with my switches. I guess Lowes would have 220 rated wire and a male and female end that I could get and do myself. I suppose 20ft or so should do me.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #31
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I could weld

Gonna need someone to stack nickels on my sliders when the time comes.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #32
The Welfare Cadilac

Ill do it. Im gonna weld mine on with the flux core welder we've got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTRD View Post
I took a welding class last year and learned how to gas and arc weld..it was so much fun! I miss that class!
I just got done with gas welding it was a pain.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #33

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I am really wanting one of these so I can take on the trail with me. Premier makes some trick outfits.

It's also great that the inverter can run tools as well.

http://www.premierpowerwelder.com/re...readyweld.html
Old 01-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #34
The Welfare Cadilac

I wonder how good those really work?
Old 01-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #35
mattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of lightmattcombs is a glorious beacon of light
Name: matt
mattcombs's Tacoma Gallery
im a beginner and just started making stick welds. not very pretty but the instructer said its good for stick welding. im starting in on mig soon
Old 01-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #36
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-4_Yota View Post
Ill do it. Im gonna weld mine on with the flux core welder we've got.

I just got done with gas welding it was a pain.
yeah it was! arc welding is way better!
Old 01-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #37
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
My summer project last year. Done with a millermatic 140

old leafs from the taco I had to eventually flip the overload to stiffen them up.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #38
The Welfare Cadilac

Nice lookin welds.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #39
FLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFLtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
FLtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Graduated Tulsa welding school in jax, fl and got my master welder certificate. Now I'm a pipe welder/fitter on commercial end of a ac company in cocoa beach.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #40
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
here is a page for the people that weld ,wanna weld and so on . post up questions , pics of equip and welds . here is a few from work copper nickel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
That piping and flange looks identical to what we use on our gas turbines for cooling and gas flow. I worked back in the pipe shop for a time here at GE a few years back and got to help with setups but never have welded in my life and am now looking to buy a welder in the near future.
Good lookin welds man!! May I assume that the flange is bolted up to a rotating jig for a weld like that to keep constant flow and rhythem of the bead?
all my welds are done free hand no jigs at all. pipe and flange are 70/30 copper nickel. ive been in the game for a good ten years certed in stick mil std and abs, mig , fluxcore, tig

Products Discussed in this Thread