Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

anything welding

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #4281
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Saw this on my newsfeed on FB today... Anyone wanna help explain the point of building it like this as opposed to a traditional swingout?
Old 07-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #4282
www.sos-offroadconcepts.com
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
I know a couple people that want a swing down vs out. Dunno bud
Old 07-08-2014, 09:04 PM   #4283
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota243 View Post
Sub frame started. Angles were kinda trial and error but bout got it down now. Notched out bottom leg of channel and sub frame will slide right in and weld right up. Getting real close
For angles you can make a simple angle finder with two pieces of thin wood or metal bolted together.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:45 AM   #4284
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

7018 4G is kicking my ass today
Old 07-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #4285
Probably should'nt have done that.
4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4banger4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
4banger4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
7018 4G is kicking my ass today
Hope you have some good leather.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #4286
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger4x4 View Post
Hope you have some good leather.
7018 overhead isn't too bad. I'll do that in a t-shirt. Its 6011/6010 that sucks overhead
Old 07-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #4287
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Been using a tweco fabricator 211i past couple of days. Honestly in not impressed with it. Only been flux core welding with it though. Haven't done stick or TIG with it yet. When welding with it outside it HAS to be in the shade other wise you can't weld more than an inch without hitting the thermal overload.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #4288
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
7018 overhead isn't too bad. I'll do that in a t-shirt. Its 6011/6010 that sucks overhead

I'm havin problem getting the stringers to fill in and lay right. Frustrating as fuck
Old 07-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #4289
Dynamite Design Josh
I8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedI8AJEEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
I8AJEEP's Tacoma Gallery

custom aluminum air intake for 05+ tacoma

air box in place behind the Dynamite Design SAS shock tower kit for the 05+ tacoma

high pinion, king pin, dana 60 with shave kit TIG welded on using weave welds
Old 07-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #4290
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm havin problem getting the stringers to fill in and lay right. Frustrating as fuck
Are you doing any movement with the rod tip? I do a slight back and forth motion to help it fill in
Old 07-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #4291
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Are you doing any movement with the rod tip? I do a slight back and forth motion to help it fill in

I'm sticking the rod in the groove while dragging at a slight angle. Very slight oscillation side to side
Old 07-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #4292
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm sticking the rod in the groove while dragging at a slight angle. Very slight oscillation side to side
Overhead right? Try turning the heat up and moving a little faster.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #4293
TruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedTruckyTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TruckyTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Been using a tweco fabricator 211i past couple of days. Honestly in not impressed with it. Only been flux core welding with it though. Haven't done stick or TIG with it yet. When welding with it outside it HAS to be in the shade other wise you can't weld more than an inch without hitting the thermal overload.
It's pretty hot in Fort Worth the last couple days!! They should come out with a tweeco sun umbrella....
Old 07-10-2014, 12:34 AM   #4294
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

Name: Sam
drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Recently built a tube bumper. A few pics of the finished product:

Tube welding ended up being easier than I expected.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:11 PM   #4295
First Class White Trash

achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Trying out some new rods

anything welding-uploadfromtaptalk1405019433056.jpg
Old 07-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #4296
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Saw this on my newsfeed on FB today... Anyone wanna help explain the point of building it like this as opposed to a traditional swingout?
I wonder if that rear window rolls down like in the 4runners. I'd like one of those.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #4297
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #4298
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Is this a decent welder? I'd be using it for hobby type stuff, not anything super thick by any means

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Old 07-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #4299

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
Is this a decent welder? I'd be using it for hobby type stuff, not anything super thick by any means

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Not bad. Price is good
Old 07-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #4300
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyRRT View Post
Not bad. Price is good
I'm more concerned of the quality. The reviews seem pretty good and the price point is definitely good =) I was trying to keep it under $500

I'll still need to buy all the gas regulators and stuff.

Products Discussed in this Thread