Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

anything welding

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #4301
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Hobart's are decent machines, though I would suggest getting something with a bit more power.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #4302
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
I'm more concerned of the quality. The reviews seem pretty good and the price point is definitely good =) I was trying to keep it under $500

I'll still need to buy all the gas regulators and stuff.
Find a used hobart 140, you get the regulator and stuff with it. Besides, most in here will tell you buy as big as you can afford, you can't go too big.

I should have listened just upgraded from a eastwood 135 to a hobart 190.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #4303
www.sos-offroadconcepts.com
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
Hobart's are decent machines, though I would suggest getting something with a bit more power.
X2 Hobart is made by miller.

And you might like welding to much and out grow the machine.

ONLY downfall to Hobart is up until the ironman 230. The fan stays running. Ugh
Old 07-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #4304
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Flux city bitch
Old 07-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #4305
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherTaco View Post
Find a used hobart 140, you get the regulator and stuff with it. Besides, most in here will tell you buy as big as you can afford, you can't go too big.

I should have listened just upgraded from a eastwood 135 to a hobart 190.
I've been checking craigslist for a couple weeks now and they all seem to be really bad or way out of my price range. I'll keep any eye out though.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #4306
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-11-2014, 02:42 PM   #4307
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've been checking craigslist for a couple weeks now and they all seem to be really bad or way out of my price range. I'll keep any eye out though.
I highly recommend holding out and saving up a couple more $$
Old 07-11-2014, 04:57 PM   #4308
Tobias2003 is on a distinguished road

Name: Derek
Tobias2003's Tacoma Gallery
Buddy came over and we cut out the rot and tacked in the new metal. I'm getting line x this week so it didn't have to look gorgeous. Just glad the rot is gone
Old 07-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #4309
Tobias2003 is on a distinguished road

Tobias2003's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-11-2014, 08:59 PM   #4310
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When I was looking for mine everything I found was either parts or priced almost new. I looked multiple times everyday for a few months, along with plasma cutters. I just ended up going new, why take the chance on a used machine just to save 1or 200 on a $1000+ machine.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #4312
Dragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDragons Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dragons Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
Anyone have a problem with a hobatt 140 spitting put wire at full speed? Dial no longer works

That should be fixable.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:02 PM   #4313
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
clear coat is drying now install tomorrow. Had a rough day so i opted out on the side braces i was gonna do. Ill get a skid plate on there eventually, but done for now
Old 07-13-2014, 04:17 PM   #4315
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say get something on there ASAP before you destroy your radiator.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #4316
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Alright guys. Saw this on toyotaholics on FB.. 1. Can someone explain it to me and 2. Why is it the first time I've ever seen leafs set up like this lol
Old 07-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #4317

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Alright guys. Saw this on toyotaholics on FB.. 1. Can someone explain it to me and 2. Why is it the first time I've ever seen leafs set up like this lol
so it can twist around plus its normal up and down flex
Old 07-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #4318
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
That's a leaf spring slider box. Its suppose to give you "more travel" without over extending your springs and replaces the shackles. There are mixed reviews on them.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #4319
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
That's a leaf spring slider box. Its suppose to give you "more travel" without over extending your springs and replaces the shackles. There are mixed reviews on them.

Wouldn't just one side of the leafs have the box to prevent the axle from sliding forward/backward or would the box be on both sides ?
Old 07-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #4320

EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Wouldn't just one side of the leafs have the box to prevent the axle from sliding forward/backward or would the box be on both sides ?
Things must be diff in the south. Because at B&R offroad where i use work. We put these on baja crawlers for Rick Hendrick jeep so the rear axle could twist during cornering big ass rocks

Products Discussed in this Thread