Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

anything welding

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #41
Gene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: 1982-1988 Okinawa, Japan & Southern California
Name: Eugene
Gene563's Tacoma Gallery
Jason,
Thanks for the reply; I appreciate the info. Once I get my income tax return, I'm going shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Gotcha. Some one at work told me about a buck fitty if I had the breakers. Sounded a bit high since I just wanted the outlet right at the breaker.
I ran my own 220 outlet while my garage was being built. I used #10 Romex and just ran it to a box in the wall. I paid about $60+ fo 50 ft of the wire and the breaker (50 amp) is only $15.
If you don't feel comfortable working with electric, maybe you could run the line and have someone connect it. It should be less than 150, espacially if its close to the panel.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #42
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Never thought about the extension so I was assuming that was just labor with my switches. I guess Lowes would have 220 rated wire and a male and female end that I could get and do myself. I suppose 20ft or so should do me.
I was told it was easy and after watching the guy it seemed easy enough. I'm just scared of electricity and it's not my house to burn down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene563 View Post
Jason,
Thanks for the reply; I appreciate the info. Once I get my income tax return, I'm going shopping.

I ran my own 220 outlet while my garage was being built. I used #10 Romex and just ran it to a box in the wall. I paid about $60+ fo 50 ft of the wire and the breaker (50 amp) is only $15.
If you don't feel comfortable working with electric, maybe you could run the line and have someone connect it. It should be less than 150, espacially if its close to the panel.
No problem. Did you decide you wanted the HH187?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #44
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
I have a 90 amp Chicago Electric flux cored welder, and im getting decent, but im not sure it big enough to weld sliders on my truck or build anything strong enough to support the truck. What do yall think?

Im also thinking about picking up a Pro-Mig Lincoln 180 Welder for about $400
Anybody heard good things about that machine or anything?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #45
Halo913 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adrian
Halo913's Tacoma Gallery
I'm currently taking a class and am learning oxy gas fuel welding and man it's tough! My beads don't look to good yet, but I'm loving the class!!
Old 02-03-2011, 06:54 AM   #46
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a little help.
I need a 220, 100% cycle duty, wire fed mig for about $700.
Any suggestions?
I'm also going non flux core gas setup. Not expecting the gas and fixtures to be included in the $700.
Just the best welder I can get for $700.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:54 AM   #47
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
I have a 90 amp Chicago Electric flux cored welder, and im getting decent, but im not sure it big enough to weld sliders on my truck or build anything strong enough to support the truck. What do yall think?

i have the same chicago electric welder. i've never welded anything before my dad bought that, i just pretty much taught myself. i'm gettin kinda better, maybe haha. thats the welder i used for everything i made for my honda bobber project, didnt come out to bad. the welds seem strong. the beads....meh....i used a grinder a lot haha.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:14 AM   #48
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Looking for a little help.
I need a 220, 100% cycle duty, wire fed mig for about $700.
Any suggestions?
I'm also going non flux core gas setup. Not expecting the gas and fixtures to be included in the $700.
Just the best welder I can get for $700.
Try the lincoln wire feeder from home depot
Old 02-03-2011, 08:04 AM   #49
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 02-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #50
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

All I run are millers go blue
Old 02-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #51
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
Miller has been recomended to me by just about everyone.
I may have to throw a few extra $$ on and go miller.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #52
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2, or hobart if you're on a budget.

We had a lincoln and it lasted about a year before it finally died. It got replaced by a miller 140 which has just been so much better.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #53

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I'm trying to get a welder before Brian comes down to install his powertrax.
That way when he goes to the restroom, i'm just gonna weld his spiders up and steel his locker.

Oh Hi Brian. Didn't see you there.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:38 AM   #54
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm trying to get a welder before Brian comes down to install his powertrax.
That way when he goes to the restroom, i'm just gonna weld his spiders up and steel his locker.

Oh Hi Brian. Didn't see you there.
Yeah you're going to definitely need a 220 for that
Old 02-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #55

Ok hobart and miller > Lincoln. So your going to STEEL my locker?? Hahaha
Old 02-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #56
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Miller welders are overrated.
My ThermalArc dominates similarly priced and rated millers. More power, better duty cycle, and TONS more adjustments and features.
Millers are good, but there are better out there if you look. In recent time, miller has been 'updating' their machines and actually taking away features that the old machines had and still the same price.
The new Lincoln's are very nice machines. For a common brand name(my ThermalArc isnt the most common), I really like the new Lincolns. Lots of features and little extras on them.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:48 AM   #57

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Ok hobart and miller > Lincoln. So your going to STEEL my locker?? Hahaha
Stealzorz!!!

Of course with as little as you have had that thing offroad, I bet some jb weld would hold those spiders together.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #58

Good idea, I'll cancel my order right now. We ll just jb weld it.

How do you know how much I have had my truck off road???
Old 02-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Miller welders are overrated.
My ThermalArc dominates similarly priced and rated millers. More power, better duty cycle, and TONS more adjustments and features.
Millers are good, but there are better out there if you look. In recent time, miller has been 'updating' their machines and actually taking away features that the old machines had and still the same price.
The new Lincoln's are very nice machines. For a common brand name(my ThermalArc isnt the most common), I really like the new Lincolns. Lots of features and little extras on them.
Holy shit I haven't blown a thermal arc up in ten years or so biggest pieces of shit I've ever used
Old 02-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #60
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Holy shit I haven't blown a thermal arc up in ten years or so biggest pieces of shit I've ever used
Yout think Thermal Arc's are pieces of shit?

Products Discussed in this Thread