Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

anything welding

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #1521
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Gotta look into this lift idea. Would it keep the space under the tire open to slide tents,chairs,coolers,etc under?
Yup
Old 04-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #1522
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey, what do yall use to let bed racks/light bars/etc work with the bed rails on 2nd gens? Just a nut welded to piece of steel that fits in the rails or what? I made a rod holder and used that method^ and it didnt slide so easily
These here work really well and fit just right.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#machine-tab...t-nuts/=ma9s2u
Old 04-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #1523
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
So, this is something similar to what he wants?
Attached Thumbnails
anything welding-uploadfromtaptalk1365777393775.jpg   anything welding-uploadfromtaptalk1365777448163.jpg   anything welding-uploadfromtaptalk1365777483984.jpg  
Old 04-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #1524
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

As for being able to alternatively mount the tire on top, he could weld a large nut to the top of the tire rack and make sure its welded over a hole, so a bolt can run through it. Then he just has to get a bolt long enough to hold the spare in place, but he will be able to take it out and keep the top of the rack flat for carrying boxes n such. Just a thought...

Edit: could just hold the tire on top via ratchet straps....
Old 04-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #1525
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
So, this is something similar to what he wants?
^ yes! Exactly so the top will still be flat like that.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #1526
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And yea i already told him that ratchet straps would be best for mounting the tire on top.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #1527
Benjamin Newman

If he wants to stay a little fancy on top, he could run this strap...
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...n-p-29605.html
Old 04-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #1528
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
About 160 amps through 1/16 tungsten It was glowing white haha

Old 04-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #1529
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post

Wow wish i could lay down beads that pretty!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #1530
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Wow wish i could lay down beads that pretty!
Thanks, just takes LOTS of practice. I've been fortunate enough to have access to a tig welder here at school.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #1531
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post

Looking good Steven
Old 04-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #1532
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Looking good Steven
Thanks Jerry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie209 View Post
Nice! I've been spending long nights at my shop teaching myself how to tig..lots of fun, but not easy haha
Yeah that's what I did last summer. Started by laying beads on flat steel and eventually graduated to 4130 tube.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #1533
DerpWerx Fab

Wooh! Now time for the legs, mount it on the truck, weld everything up, possibly add gussets depending on buyers choice, then work on mounting that tire carrier under it anything welding-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365825823.177437.jpganything welding-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365825834.003167.jpg
Old 04-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #1534
DerpWerx Fab

Got alot of work done today anything welding-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365901847.945824.jpganything welding-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365901858.083622.jpganything welding-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365901879.930697.jpg
Old 04-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #1535
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quick search turned up nothing - Anyone used Everlast Multiprocess machines? They have a TIG/Stick/Plasma cutter combo and pretty high duty cycles.

Looking at Thermal Arc 3 in 1's (TIG/MIG/Stick) too, but then I guess I'd still be looking for a cutting torch/plasma cutter.

Right now-I'm doing light fab, but I don't want to have to upgrade in a few years to keep pace with a farm/auto hobby. Open to any other suggestions to get the most bang for my bux....
Old 04-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #1536
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Quick search turned up nothing - Anyone used Everlast Multiprocess machines? They have a TIG/Stick/Plasma cutter combo and pretty high duty cycles.

Looking at Thermal Arc 3 in 1's (TIG/MIG/Stick) too, but then I guess I'd still be looking for a cutting torch/plasma cutter.

Right now-I'm doing light fab, but I don't want to have to upgrade in a few years to keep pace with a farm/auto hobby. Open to any other suggestions to get the most bang for my bux....
You could save a few bucks by getting a dedicated mig if you don't absolutely need a tig welder. Everything 4x4 or farm related can easily be handled by a mig or stick.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #1537
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Everlast gets some good reviews for the multi process machines. I've had great luck with Thermal Arc products. Their customer service is also very good. Just remember that a multi process machines won't do everything as well as dedicated machines would but don't let that deter you if all you need is a hobby machine.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #1538
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I love my thermal arc 3-in-1 welder! Your bumper probably has welds on it done with mine. .
I've heard both good and bad on everlast, so its hard for me to say yes or no to their products. I personally proabably wouldnt buy one. I'd go thermal arc multiprocess, and then a dedicated plasma cutter- likely a small hypertherm. I run a Hypertherm PM65 on my CNC table, and i'm sure their 30 and 45 cutters would be great for garage fab as well. Just not quite as powerful as my machine. In plasma cutters, you really get what you pay for it seems!
Old 04-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #1539
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I love my thermal arc 3-in-1 welder! Your bumper probably has welds on it done with mine. .
I've heard both good and bad on everlast, so its hard for me to say yes or no to their products. I personally proabably wouldnt buy one. I'd go thermal arc multiprocess, and then a dedicated plasma cutter- likely a small hypertherm. I run a Hypertherm PM65 on my CNC table, and i'm sure their 30 and 45 cutters would be great for garage fab as well. Just not quite as powerful as my machine. In plasma cutters, you really get what you pay for it seems!
My 30yr old hypertherm just finally died. I run the thermal dynamics on my plasma table and have had great experience. For my hand held I just got a thermal dynamics 42. They gave me 400$ trade in on my broken hyperthern. Couldn't pass it up.

Thermal arc 3in1 are great machines with alot of nice features. Just wish they had an AC side for aluminum
Old 04-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #1540
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by M C M View Post
My 30yr old hypertherm just finally died. I run the thermal dynamics on my plasma table and have had great experience. For my hand held I just got a thermal dynamics 42. They gave me 400$ trade in on my broken hyperthern. Couldn't pass it up.

Thermal arc 3in1 are great machines with alot of nice features. Just wish they had an AC side for aluminum
Yes! That is the one thing I really wish they had! But I figure I can still do stainless and mild steel with it if I want, and then after I get better on steel I'll pick up a 186AC/DC for running aluminum TIG. Its a pretty affordable AC/DC.

Products Discussed in this Thread