Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

anything welding

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #1681
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Had to reinforce my angle grinder tool as the fingers would bend before it loosened the nut. Overkill, sure. But it worked!
Lol That Certainly Is Overkill.

I hardly Even Use Those, Never Had A problem tightening By hand. What Grinder You Using?
Old 05-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #1682
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
Lol That Certainly Is Overkill.

I hardly Even Use Those, Never Had A problem tightening By hand. What Grinder You Using?
I usually do it by hand too but the flap disc caught an edge and got super duper tight like a tiger.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #1683
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Did work today! Reinforced my bumper i made and added light tabs. Also mounted my light bar. anything welding-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368914719.246265.jpganything welding-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368914728.624346.jpganything welding-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368914741.826141.jpganything welding-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368914755.799550.jpganything welding-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368914769.259166.jpg

Some people goto the beach to relax on weekends, i prefer to crank up the welder and build shit lol
Old 05-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #1684
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
And how do you like it JD? Do you think $600 is a good price on one that's used but basically brand new?

Also comes with some wire and a tank.
I bought my 210 for $750 brand new, not sure what they are going for now though
Old 05-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #1685
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
I bought my 210 for $750 brand new, not sure what they are going for now though

Yea dude sold it before I had a chance to grab it. I just bought a new 190 from Northern Tool.

I'm new to welding so dumb question....what kind of gas or mixture of gas will I need to have my tank filled with?
Old 05-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #1686
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
I usually do it by hand too but the flap disc caught an edge and got super duper tight like a tiger.
That's What I Figured, Usually When You Need TheM, Though With My New Bosch I Sometimes Have To With Cut Of Wheels.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #1687

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
And Overkill Is ALWAYS The best Way To Go!
Old 05-19-2013, 05:46 AM   #1688
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm new to welding so dumb question....what kind of gas or mixture of gas will I need to have my tank filled with?
Depends.

For general welding, 75% Argon/25% CO2 works well. 100% CO2 will give you better penetration. 100% Argon if you will be welding aluminum (you will also need to run aluminum wire and should use a spool gun because of the softer wire).
Old 05-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #1689
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Depends.

For general welding, 75% Argon/25% CO2 works well. 100% CO2 will give you better penetration. 100% Argon if you will be welding aluminum (you will also need to run aluminum wire and should use a spool gun because of the softer wire).

Thanks. Should I have even bought a tank because I am finding out that most places you take a tank to, to have filled...will just make you swap it for one of theirs? If that's the case maybe I should have bought one of the cheap HF tanks?

And no welding aluminum, at least not right now. I figure if I do, I can buy a spool gun down the road.

Thanks again for your response bud
Old 05-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #1690
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks. Should I have even bought a tank because I am finding out that most places you take a tank to, to have filled...will just make you swap it for one of theirs?
Swapping isn't a bad thing so long as the tank's hydro inspection doesn't run out. I own my tank and just swap it-no lease fee, just the cost of gas. Of course, you could insist on getting your bottle back too but that might mean waiting while they fill it.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #1691
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure it's been asked before but I'm needing an answer more sooner then later.
I'm looking for a mig welder with $400 budget, looking to buy locally at Lowes, home depot or sears.
Must be 110, any suggestions?
Old 05-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #1692
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
I'm sure it's been asked before but I'm needing an answer more sooner then later.
I'm looking for a mig welder with $400 budget, looking to buy locally at Lowes, home depot or sears.
Craigslist. You'll be pretty limited as to what you can weld with a 110. I would suggest an old Miller Sidekick. I've got one and it did the job back before I bought my suitcase. Sidekicks can often be had for under $100 without bottle, regulator, and wire.(I paid $50)
Old 05-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #1693
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
I was on the same budget and didnt need a large 220 unit.. I found out that Longevity has great quality welders for a cheaper price then Lincoln and Miller.. And they have a longer warrenty, I believe 5 years.
http://www.longevity-inc.com/mig/migweld-140

heres my set-up... I love this little welder!
Old 05-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #1694
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Look into the Eastwood welders. I plan to get their mig 175 with plasma cutter and one of their tig machines as well. All 3 machines for under 2k ain't bad and can hardly find a bad review and their customer service is excellent but they have a smaller mig 135 for under $400 iirc but for $100 more I believe you can get just the 175 then all you need is a bottle and your good to go & the parts they use are the same as miller/lincoln and tweco guns so parts when something breaks if it does or to find tips, nozzles etc. aren't hard to find
Old 05-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #1695
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETaco23 View Post
I was on the same budget and didnt need a large 220 unit.. I found out that Longevity has great quality welders for a cheaper price then Lincoln and Miller.. And they have a longer warrenty, I believe 5 years.
http://www.longevity-inc.com/mig/migweld-140

heres my set-up... I love this little welder!
I had heard about these already, I think I can buy it locally. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Look into the Eastwood welders. I plan to get their mig 175 with plasma cutter and one of their tig machines as well. All 3 machines for under 2k ain't bad and can hardly find a bad review and their customer service is excellent but they have a smaller mig 135 for under $400 iirc but for $100 more I believe you can get just the 175 then all you need is a bottle and your good to go & the parts they use are the same as miller/lincoln and tweco guns so parts when something breaks if it does or to find tips, nozzles etc. aren't hard to find
I could find a way to afford that one. I'll read about on both. Thanks
Ima try a lincoln from home depot, but not the HD one. I got something to put together right now so I cant wait, hopefully the lincoln is good and ill keep it
Old 05-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #1696

So ended up with a HD one could find the one I wanted. The HD 125 got the job done, I just don't like the speed know on it. Any one have experience with this one?
I think I'll look more at the 110 Longevity mig, seems about the same but cheaper and longer warranty
Old 06-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #1697
CliffordBRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Cliff
CliffordBRD's Tacoma Gallery
If I was looking into tube bumpers, sliders, bed cage, etc... all using .120 tubing, would I be able to work with a 110v MIG, such as the Eastwood 135? I have no way to get 220 in my place, but just trying to make sure I'm making the right decision with this...
Old 06-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #1698
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffordBRD View Post
If I was looking into tube bumpers, sliders, bed cage, etc... all using .120 tubing, would I be able to work with a 110v MIG, such as the Eastwood 135? I have no way to get 220 in my place, but just trying to make sure I'm making the right decision with this...
no problem. crank it pretty hot for .120 wall.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #1699
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Any recomendations for a basic(and cheap ish) tube bender? I need to make a roof rack for my truck and know nothing when it comes to benders.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #1700
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffordBRD View Post
With Flux sure with gas I wouldn't you might not get the Pen on .120 wall you need for a strong weld. i know my old 140 didn't do well on 1/8th" with gas.

Products Discussed in this Thread