LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

anything welding

Old 06-23-2013, 01:42 AM   #1761
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by M C M View Post
Another day at the office
Are You A Robot?
Old 06-23-2013, 06:09 AM   #1762
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
Are You A Robot?
x2
Old 06-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #1763
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Very nice!! the heat and travel speed is spot on! I'm personally a fan of a tighter bead pattern but that looks damn good!
Old 06-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #1764
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Thanks, yeah we cleaned the rust off for the rack, but the practice welds I got lazy lol. The welds were done using 75/25 mix of argon and CO2.
Cool, you can make some pretty welds with argon mix. Im betting the LCA above was welded with 75/25.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #1765
Bistineau is on a distinguished road
Bistineau's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice TIG welding. What is that you are building? Can't quite make out what it is going to be. How about a shot of it from the other side, and an overall pic of it too? Or maybe a completed pic if you have gotten that far yet.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #1766
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
Nice TIG welding. What is that you are building? Can't quite make out what it is going to be. How about a shot of it from the other side, and an overall pic of it too? Or maybe a completed pic if you have gotten that far yet.
Lower control arm.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #1767
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pretty certain it's MIG on a LT LCA
Old 06-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #1768
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWreck View Post
Pretty certain it's MIG on a LT LCA
Agreed. Definitely mig
Old 06-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #1769
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its MIG welding. And they are correct, its a lower arm for the 1st gen Tacoma kits I offer
Old 06-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #1770
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
[IMG] [/IMG]
A couple of welds from the other day. I was running on 2 hours of sleep in 50 something hours. 316L stainless
Old 06-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #1771
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTRATE View Post
[IMG] [/IMG]
A couple of welds from the other day. I was running on 2 hours of sleep in 50 something hours. 316L stainless
nice welds bro
Quote:
dang, i'm afraid to post any more of mine now lol! That is some art right there nice welds man!
you has nuffin to worry aboot . its tig you not doing that yet
Old 06-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #1772
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
dang, i'm afraid to post any more of mine now lol! That is some art right there nice welds man!
Thanks. I'm afraid to look at your build thread because your truck is gonna make me go into more debt. Everytime it shows up, I catch myself looking through it and drooling. Your pick 'em up is my favorite truck on here. Hell, I don't even like the SWB color, but it looks real swell on your truck.
Keep posting pics of your welds. We all gotta start somewhere. Fortunately, I had an AG teacher in high school who was a DAMN good welder. He let me be his helper on side work from time to time, starting when I was 14. That's where I learned torun TIG & SMAW(stick). Didn't start mig & flux 'til I was 19, and let me tell you, it looked like SHIT! Started spray arc at 20, that's some fun stuff. I do it at home every chance I get. Quite a bit of spray arc on my bumper.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #1773

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL TACOROJO View Post
nice welds bro

you has nuffin to worry aboot . its tig you not doing that yet
Thanks. I find TIG to be the easiest flavor of welding. I'm in TOTAL control of heat, travel speed, and wire feed. I LOVE it. DC aluminum kinda sucks balls though
Old 06-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #1774
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks. I find TIG to be the easiest flavor of welding. I'm in TOTAL control of heat, travel speed, and wire feed. I LOVE it. DC aluminum kinda sucks balls though
Agreed, I can't stand mig anymore because i feel like I have no control over anything.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Agreed, I can't stand mig anymore because i feel like I have no control over anything.
I kinda like it now and then. But not all the time. TIG is my comfort zone.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #1776
braaap

Quote:
I kinda like it now and then. But not all the time. TIG is my comfort zone.
Yeah if I don't feel like cleaning everything like crazy it gets the mig.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #1777

That's one thing I LOVE about spray arc. It welds through scale very well
Old 06-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #1778
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
throw it all in the trash
Old 06-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #1779

Yup, built the bumper from scratch. Probably $150ish in paint and materials. And $5k ish in welding equipment.
Wrap the corners to ensure a good seal weeld on the first pic.
Slow down on bottom, then speed up when pushing the puddle up and carrying it back to go low again in the second pic.
The last pic, you almost got it! Just watch the puddle, and try to keep it nice and rounded on the backside.
The weld in the first pic actually looks really good. I'm just real OCD about some things, including wrapping corners. Your welds look MUCH better than my first MIG welds.
Keep up the good work. This shit is addictive. I can't bring myself to buy armor, since I can just build it
[IMG] [/IMG]
Bumper I built for my last truck. Really shitty pic/angle. 5" sch 80. Most pipe bumpers use 4" sch 40. I've destroyed 3 peoples Ranch Hand bumpers with my vehicles. 4" Sch 40 is pu$$y $h! t for the primary striking point of a bumper.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #1780

Quote:
Truck too!
Yes, throw your truck in the trash. I'll be there shortly to haul to the dump... or my house

Products Discussed in this Thread