Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

anything welding

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #1841
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone Have Any Input On Thermal Arc 211?

I Had Been About To Buy A Miller 211 But Then Found The Thermal Arc Which Does Mig/Tig/Stick. For Mig Alone The TA Had Better Numbers 210 @ 20% vs 150 @ 30%. I Know It's Lift Arc Tig With Manual Gas, But It Seems To Have Great Reviews And I Could Live With Those For $1500 Shipped. but Most Reviews Don't Talk About The Quality Of Tig, JustMig.

my Phone Sucks, Disregard All The Caps
Old 07-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #1842
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've got one... just havent got the TIG setup yet so unfortunately it seems like i'm not going to be much help!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #1843
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I've got one... just havent got the TIG setup yet so unfortunately it seems like i'm not going to be much help!
Well Get On It!

Lol That's Exactly My Problem Not Many People Seem To Use them For Tig. what's Your Opinion On The Mig Vs Miller/Lincoln?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #1844
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
Well Get On It!

Lol That's Exactly My Problem Not Many People Seem To Use them For Tig. what's Your Opinion On The Mig Vs Miller/Lincoln?
I know, right! I will when I get into some more precision parts... probably like UCA's and LT kits.

As for MIG, I prefer my TA's to the Millers hands down. The TA's just have a ton more adjustments when compared to Millers, and I like the way they feel when welding better than Millers. Probably because I can adjust so much.
I've ran Miller 210, 211, 252, and 350P's FYI
Old 07-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #1845

Just because.. Just ran this with my 211i.

Back side
Old 07-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #1847

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I know, right! I will when I get into some more precision parts... probably like UCA's and LT kits.

As for MIG, I prefer my TA's to the Millers hands down. The TA's just have a ton more adjustments when compared to Millers, and I like the way they feel when welding better than Millers. Probably because I can adjust so much.
I've ran Miller 210, 211, 252, and 350P's FYI
Well shit, Guess You Just Sold Me On It, $1600 Ain't Bad For A 3 In 1 especially With All The Good Reviews, Haven't Really Found Any. If The Tig Sucks, Whatever.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #1848
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys(girls) with eye contacts. how is it welding with contacts? do they tend to dry out bad or anything thing?

also anyone with laser surgery? how is it with welding? does it bother your eyes at all?

Reason iím asking is I have been wanting to get laser surgery. also Iím looking at a welding class/program as a collage 1.5-2h a way. It says it takes about 12 months to complete, and is M-F 8AM to 2:30pm.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #1849

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Bought It!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #1850
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery

This was done with a 25 yr old miller. Although some of the newer settings are cool, the person behind the gun still plays a big factor.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #1851

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah Yeah We All Know You're A Cyborg

I Don't Have A Problem Buying An Older Unit But There Aren't Many Around Here for Decent $.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:52 PM   #1852
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
Yeah Yeah We All Know You're A Cyborg

I Don't Have A Problem Buying An Older Unit But There Aren't Many Around Here for Decent $.
Thermal Arc stuff is nice though. My supplier really digs them. I really like the newer machines, I'll be replacing my millermatic 250 with a 252 beginning of the year. Im just a die hard blue guy
Old 07-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #1853

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, I've Always Used blue And Red, I just Can't Find Many Bad Reviews Of The TAs And Those With Complaints Get Taken Care Of. This Is My First Bigish Welder Purchase and I Tend To over
Think Everything.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #1854
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
[IMG][/IMG]
Done with Lincoln LN25 suitcase powered by a Hobart Chapion 8000 w/ 16hp Onan
Old 07-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #1855
Sideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really nice

Sideways's Tacoma Gallery
Nice welds!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #1856
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by M C M View Post

This was done with a 25 yr old miller. Although some of the newer settings are cool, the person behind the gun still plays a big factor.
The person running the machine is the most important factor. We've got GREAT equipment at work, but almost everyone that comes in to test fails miserably. Great machines, but serious lack of skill on the operators part.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #1857
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTRATE View Post
The person running the machine is the most important factor. We've got GREAT equipment at work, but almost everyone that comes in to test fails miserably. Great machines, but serious lack of skill on the operators part.
9 out of 10 "welders" cant pass a test if they can't read a chart for settings. And once you get into the high end exotic metalwork, finding people that can lay nice beads gets even harder. I've watched pipe fitters warp 2"x2" stainless square tubing on a welding test.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #1858

Quote:
Originally Posted by M C M View Post
9 out of 10 "welders" cant pass a test if they can't read a chart for settings. And once you get into the high end exotic metalwork, finding people that can lay nice beads gets even harder. I've watched pipe fitters warp 2"x2" stainless square tubing on a welding test.
Very true. 95 percent of what I do at work is stainless pipe. I see some REAL sketchy tests on a regular basis
Old 07-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #1859
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
Hey guys(girls) with eye contacts. how is it welding with contacts? do they tend to dry out bad or anything thing?

also anyone with laser surgery? how is it with welding? does it bother your eyes at all?

Reason iím asking is I have been wanting to get laser surgery.
bump any input on this??

also what do you guys think about this class from what it says?
http://www.ttcc.edu/fulltime-program...ing-technology
Old 07-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #1860
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
bump any input on this??

also what do you guys think about this class from what it says?
http://www.ttcc.edu/fulltime-program...ing-technology
I can tell you that CS gas (mil grade crowd suppression) gets behind contacts and can damage the eyes. I'm sure that the off-gassing from welding can have the same effect. That said, if you are outdoors, using a vented hood, or any other effective means to remove the gasses (that cool little exhaust hose that sucks the fumes away) from your work area than you are less likely to develop any symptoms related to exposure.

Products Discussed in this Thread