Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

My new garage floor coating

Old 07-16-2008, 07:59 PM   #21
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
It's not slick, I sprinkled some paint flakes on top. That will give you traction when it is wet.
Nice touch
cyber rep (it won't let me) for the pics & Jhodge Green w/ jealousy
Old 07-17-2008, 08:26 AM   #22
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
wow Klown, that is very nice. I'd rep you if I weren't out.
Try it again now, you may have some now
Old 07-17-2008, 08:29 AM   #23
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I'd rep you if you weren't a whore. You dirty filthy whore...

...ok, I repped you anyway. So?
Old 07-17-2008, 08:46 AM   #24
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
I'd rep you if you weren't a whore. You dirty filthy whore...

...ok, I repped you anyway. So?
Dude! I FKN love getting rep from you!! You got Hella lota rep value, plus you da muFKN man.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:49 AM   #25
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
as promised...nice floor BTW.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:53 AM   #26
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
as promised...nice floor BTW.
HOLY F**K!! Yer worth 16 points!! And you lit up another greenie. I've gotta quit treating you like a chump and start being nicer to you. Sorry for all the times I've treated you like a punk bitch. I had no idea you're positive rep was worth so much.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:01 AM   #27
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
HOLY F**K!! Yer worth 16 points!! And you lit up another greenie. I've gotta quit treating you like a chump and start being nicer to you. Sorry for all the times I've treated you like a punk bitch. I had no idea you're positive rep was worth so much.
shhh! you're going to have asskissers coming after me from all over.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #28
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
shhh! you're going to have asskissers coming after me from all over.
LOL, I don't think you'll have to worry about that. Only the real hardcore rep whores will actually treat you nicely. And I think I'm the only one here that fits that description.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:22 AM   #29
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
That floor looks sweet!!!! How long did it take to do start to finish, I would love to have that in my garage.

-Dan
Old 07-17-2008, 09:33 AM   #30
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
That floor looks sweet!!!! How long did it take to do start to finish, I would love to have that in my garage.

-Dan
Well in the first set of pics, that took about 2 weeks. From removing all of the oil from the concrete to acid etching the concrete, to working more on removing ALL of the oil from the concrete.

Removing oil from concrete is a time consuming task, especially if its soaked in for a few years. Once all that's done, then you thin the first coat with the thinning agent. Let it sit for 24 hours.

Do the second coat, this time with no thinning agent. Apply the epoxy with a roller. After you apply a small section, go back and sprinkle some of the paint flakes while it's still wet.

After that, you just have to let it sit for 2 weeks to let it fully cure. Then you can park on it and beat it up all you want. It'll be ass solid as a rock and indestructible. And all fluids will just wipe right up, and it will stay shiny.

At the new house, I had to do everything the same, except I didn't have to remove any oil from the concrete since it was newly poured concrete.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #31
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen people install the floor and they acid etched before they put the floor down. Thoughts?
Old 07-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #32
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've seen people install the floor and they acid etched before they put the floor down. Thoughts?
Yeah, you have to acid etch the concrete before you put any type of epoxy down in a use area like a garage floor. You do this so you can roughen up the surface so the epoxy can bite into it. Then typically your first coat will be a primer coat that will be a thinned version of the epoxy so you can get the best adhesion. Then you follow up with a second coat which is the full blown epoxy and it will adhere very well to the primer, which in turn adheres very well to the concrete.

That being said, acid etching will not remove the oil spots from concrete. You need a good degreaser that will do that. The best degreaser on the market is this stuff called "superclean" It used to be called "Castrol superclean" now it's just called super clean. You have to put this on the oil spots, let it sit for a while, scrub, then rinse. The problem is, in a day or so, oil will seep back onto the surface of the concrete and you have to keep doing this until no more oil seeps back onto the concrete. It's a PITA.

After you do this then you can go on with acid etching.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:55 AM   #33
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I repped you.

I still don't know what that's for, but nice garage!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #34
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I repped you.

I still don't know what that's for, but nice garage!
Thanks for the rep, I hooked you up too. The rep is what I use to pay the bills. 100 rep points = 1 mortgage payment. Thanks for keeping a roof over my head.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:00 AM   #35
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Sweeeeet.

You're welcome.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:04 PM   #36
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a lot of work, but looking at the results well worth it. I wonder if the wife would go for it? Hmmmm... Oh and a little rep for you

-Dan
Old 07-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #37
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the rep, I hooked you up too. The rep is what I use to pay the bills. 100 rep points = 1 mortgage payment. Thanks for keeping a roof over my head.
LMAO! thats worth some...
Old 07-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #38
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Dude! I FKN love getting rep from you!! You got Hella lota rep value, plus you da muFKN man.
no. you da mufkn man.

(for all of you that were looking for actual content in this thread should avert your eyes from this post on... this could take a while)
Old 07-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #39
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Getting some of this stuff from Costco for our garage soon. About to rip out the old buildergrade carpet in the house and replace it with some wood. Gonna be my first time installing flooring. Do it yourself stuff FTW

Old 07-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #40
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Be careful with that shit. I was actually gonna use that shit too, the problem with that shit is that fluids can still go through the gaps. I'm a bit anal about my garage floor, so I wouldn't have anything to do with that.