Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

My new garage floor coating

Old 07-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up My new garage floor coating

OK, so some of you know that we recently moved to Virginia. We we got a new house a few weeks ago. And I have this thing about having a nice garage floor. In my old house I went through the pain of applying a garage floor epoxy coating on the floor it was a PITA!! You have to get ALL of the oil out of the concrete. Here are the pics from our old house garage epoxy:

Well in the new house, it was brand new and the concrete was freshly poured. So after we waited 6 weeks for the concrete to cure, I applied the epoxy, this is the finished product:

I must admit the black is nice!! It matches the truck and it looks really shiny. If anybody is interested in doing this, I can post the details of how it's done and the approximate costs.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
sometimes when im choosing finishes for some of my projects i like to use concrete tinted with acid, then a coat of polyurethane, it looks very cool, but thats kinda nice klown whats the product called?
Old 07-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
rep 4 you you whore!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #4
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
sometimes when im choosing finishes for some of my projects i like to use concrete tinted with acid, then a coat of polyurethane, it looks very cool, but thats kinda nice klown whats the product called?

At the old house I used this 2 part epoxy from Sherwin Williams called Tile Clad HS. At the new house, I used the equivalent stuff, except from Benjamin Moore. Both are polyimide based 2 part epoxy's. Industrial grade shit that can really take a beating. Oil or any other fluids wipe right up without staining.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #5
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Thanks dude!
Old 07-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
x2
Old 07-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #7
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
At the old house I used this 2 part epoxy from Sherwin Williams called Tile Clad HS. At the new house, I used the equivalent stuff, except from Benjamin Moore. Both are polyimide based 2 part epoxy's. Industrial grade shit that can really take a beating. Oil or any other fluids wipe right up without staining.
yea i think thats what they use here on industrial wings, its very durable
Old 07-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #8
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
You need to bring your happy ass to my house and do the same thang. I'll even supply the beer for ya!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #9
nagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of lightnagelg is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 173rd Airborne, Pathfinder, MACV
Name: George
nagelg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to nagelg
Only very, very sick people have a garage that clean.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #10
Steve-B is on a distinguished road
Steve-B's Tacoma Gallery
That looks better than the floor in my kitchen.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:54 PM   #11
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
wow Klown, that is very nice. I'd rep you if I weren't out.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #12
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Nice

That garage floor looks awesome....if only mine was as clean & empty! Does the finish slick when it gets wet or does it have some non skid with it?
Old 07-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #13
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet looking garage man, now I am even more pissed my garage is a mess.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagelg View Post
only very, very sick people have a garage that clean.
x2!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:30 PM   #16
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice. I should be doing this pretty soon on mine.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #18
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
Jealous.

x2 on that! I need to do this!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #19
Tacoma World Ring Leader

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
That garage floor looks awesome....if only mine was as clean & empty! Does the finish slick when it gets wet or does it have some non skid with it?
It's not slick, I sprinkled some paint flakes on top. That will give you traction when it is wet.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:42 PM   #20
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagelg View Post
Only very, very sick people have a garage that clean.
x3! I always wanted to do that to my garage floor but that means I would have to clean it up first. Very nice...