Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Home Improvement Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2008, 06:33 AM   #21
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
a friend of mine just primed his deck and got about 2/3 of the way through painting it and then the rain came and washed it all away. Oops.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:35 AM   #22
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
a friend of mine just primed his deck and got about 2/3 of the way through painting it and then the rain came and washed it all away. Oops.
I dont wanna hear that man, I have to stain my deck this weekend.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #24
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefTaco View Post
The before we have got a lot of rain the last few years and the retaining wall began to fail leaning forward about 10".

click to enlarge

Just finished this project up in the last few weeks.

click to enlarge
your avatar looks strangely familiar, yet completely different.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:05 AM   #25
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Last night I got my Toto Drake toilet installed. It is great! Very comfortable, quiet, and a great flush. If you tap the handle, it does a quick flush, hold the handle and it does the full flush.

I've been so excited that I no longer let yellow mellow.

I've got another bathroom that needs a new toilet. I'm going to try out the American Standard Cadet. Anyone have any experience with that?
Old 07-30-2008, 01:42 PM   #26
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Last night I got my Toto Drake toilet installed. It is great! Very comfortable, quiet, and a great flush. If you tap the handle, it does a quick flush, hold the handle and it does the full flush.

I've been so excited that I no longer let yellow mellow.

I've got another bathroom that needs a new toilet. I'm going to try out the American Standard Cadet. Anyone have any experience with that?
The Cadet is a very nice toilet. Make sure to get an elongated bowl, unless you like resting your johnson on the seat.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:44 PM   #27
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
We put in a AS Champion last year in the hall bathroom, that thing is a beast. One day just for fun I unrolled a whole roll of TP and threw it in there to see if it would clog. Flushed the whole roll away. I was impressed.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:48 PM   #28
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
We put in a AS Champion last year in the hall bathroom, that thing is a beast. One day just for fun I unrolled a whole roll of TP and threw it in there to see if it would clog. Flushed the whole roll away. I was impressed.
Maybe that's what I nee to get for the wife n kids....
Old 07-30-2008, 01:48 PM   #29
Revived and BACK baby!

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
My last and final project in this fricking house we call home is finishing the basement, which I painted last weekend, install the floor, which is 90% done and do the trim. The realtor is stopping by on Friday to give us some "advice" on how to stage it for a sale. I've been waiting for the day this house is sold.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:21 PM   #30
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to go get a roll of 9 ply TP and try to flush it. If I'm going to have issues, I want to know before a mission critical instance comes up.

Also, that is so true about the elongated bowl. I have dealt with a small round bowl for two years, and now I'm done. The toilets at work are the ADA compliant. I feel like I'm sitting on a bar stool. If I get used to that, I'm worried what would happen when I'm actually sitting on the bar stool.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #31
Coheednme13 will become famous soon enough
Name: MattDaddy
Coheednme13's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a list of most recent projects listed first
  • Built a 16'x14' building, shingled, vinyl sided
  • replaced 9 windows with energy efficient ones
  • installed energy efficient storm door
  • built a 32'x16' two story storage building at my dad's
  • mudded painted and trimmed a guest room
  • installed laminate flooring at my dad and brother's house
  • replaced kitchen faucet
  • installed slat wall at my brothers store (guess not home improvement)
  • added a 800 square feet room at my Dad's
  • built my brother a deck
  • dug footer and laid cement for my brother's footer to brick up his mobile home
  • installed metal roof at my dad's
This has been since like March of 07 I'm 23 and I've been redoing rental houses and stuff with my dad since I was like 14 but this was all family stuff
Old 07-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #32
Revived and BACK baby!

joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm going to go get a roll of 9 ply TP and try to flush it. If I'm going to have issues, I want to know before a mission critical instance comes up.

Also, that is so true about the elongated bowl. I have dealt with a small round bowl for two years, and now I'm done. The toilets at work are the ADA compliant. I feel like I'm sitting on a bar stool. If I get used to that, I'm worried what would happen when I'm actually sitting on the bar stool.
All of the toilets in my mom and dad's house are ADA height. I hate them. They don't feel comfortable and not relaxing as a toilet should be. We all know that the only time a man gets any peace in the house is when he's on the can.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #33
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I weeded the gutters, removed a deck and I intend to build a few modular 4'x4' decks out of the salvaged lumber, and cleaned out the garage........more to come.....
Old 08-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #34
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Saturday I cleaned up the garage and Sunday I got under the house and scabbed on a few floor joists to the bouncy ones. This required building some piers and then getting the hydraulic bottle jacks out and lifting everything up a tad.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. If I were to do it again, I'd probably go for the 6 ton jacks instead of the 4 ton.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #35
nees1212 is on a distinguished road
nees1212's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I just installed an American Standard Cadet 3 at my in-laws. It's an ADA, elongated bowl toilet with a powerfull flush. It's a nice toilet.

In the past 4 months, I completed my railing on my 51' x 5' retaining wall that I put up last summer. Put in a drop ceiling in my basement, which had 3 sections do to soffits built around furnace runs and I beams. Put new tiles in the laundry room, and then sold the house.

I then remodeled an older home putting in a new kitchen floor, countertop, sink, stove, etc. Ripped out the plaster and tile bathroom, and installed new tub with ceramic tile surround, drywall, toilet, sink, floor, etc. Painted the entire house inside and out. Put in new exterior door.

I recently just remodeled the in-laws bathroom. I ripped out the old vinyl floor and put down ceramic tile. I put in a new toilet and vanity, and cleaned up the shower unit with new hardware. I also built a new shelving unit for the bathroom.

This weekend I'll be painting my grandmother's house and detached garage, and I'll be following that up by finishing a bedroom and bathroom at my parents. Then, come next month, it'll be time to work on my new house. It sucks sitting back and not being able to build it, but it was the best way to go about it when having a 2 year old. I didn't want to sacrifice having to spend months away from her building a house. So, when I get in, I'll immediately put up a fence, and then do some new trimwork around the house.

After all that, I'm sure another project will come about.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #36
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

In the past week or two, I've removed my rear deck and used the wood to build these nifty little 46"x46" modular decks.

I've completed 3 and have enough wood for 6 total. I ran out of screws before I could finish the last three.
To tie it in with TW, I used my truck to move the heavy sumbitches to the back yard.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #37

Oh, almost forgot, I put up a swing for my son this afternoon.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #38
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Backyard update

Old 09-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #39
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
wow! you win the "Ultimate Weekend Warrior Award"
Old 09-05-2008, 12:41 PM   #40
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
I am starting to think I should just make this an addition to my garage

Products Discussed in this Thread