Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Home Improvement Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #41
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherl View Post
I am starting to think I should just make this an addition to my garage
absolutely. Tell your wife that I said it was OK.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:20 AM   #42
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Back yard update

Back Yard Home Improvement Update

Old 12-03-2008, 09:22 AM   #43
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
wow! that is a lot of great progress. That looks like a nice area to live.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:30 AM   #44
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
wow! that is a lot of great progress. That looks like a nice area to live.
thank.. yeah.. the neighbors are cool average age is around 35-40yrs... makes for a good time
Old 12-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #45
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thank.. yeah.. the neighbors are cool average age is around 35-40yrs... makes for a good time
is that a work shop on the bottom level?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #46

Quote:
is that a work shop on the bottom level?
I hope there will be room for it. I am going to put carrage house doors on that area and keep my ATV in there and some other things to get it out of my garage. I am hoping there will be some room left for a work shop. I'm going to run electric in there and put one of those water barrier systems under the deck to keep it dry
Old 12-03-2008, 09:41 AM   #47
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hope there will be room for it. I am going to put carrage house doors on that area and keep my ATV in there and some other things to get it out of my garage. I am hoping there will be some room left for a work shop. I'm going to run electric in there and put one of those water barrier systems under the deck to keep it dry
are you going to insulate it?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #48

Quote:
are you going to insulate it?
As much as I can. My Grill will be right above it and I am running a gas line to it from inside the house so I don't have to keep filling the tank. I may put a T on the line and put a shop heater in there like you see in auto shops just on smaller one. don't know yet
Old 12-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #49
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As much as I can. My Grill will be right above it and I am running a gas line to it from inside the house so I don't have to keep filling the tank. I may put a T on the line and put a shop heater in there like you see in auto shops just on smaller one. don't know yet
what? you didn't put radiant floor heating in there???
Old 12-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #50

Quote:
what? you didn't put radiant floor heating in there???
LOL. well I do have a budget I've already blown
Old 12-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #51
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL. well I do have a budget I've already blown
think of all the money you'd save in the long run by having radiant floor heating. I've never been to a house that had that, but I imagine it is very, very comfortable.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #52
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work man, you are def making some progress.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:23 AM   #53
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
all you jerks are making me look bad.

Oh yeah, well I decorated my christmas tree last night and I watered it!

I'm going to try to finish running some power outlets under the house. Hopefully my Christmas lights will not require the usual 300 feet of extension cords...
Old 12-03-2008, 11:30 AM   #54
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clelsdah View Post
Just finished removing all lath and plaster in 2 bedrooms, over 900sq ft worth of blown in paper cellulose insulation from attic to expose/remove knob and tube wiring. 3 days down, 9 to go to rewire, replace 6 windows, hang 30 12' sheets of sheetrock, tape, texture, and paint. All this because the wife wanted to repaint the bedrooms. After this "vacation" I'll be looking forward to going back to work to rest.
Smart to remove the K and T before adding the cellulose. I see more attic fires as a result of that NOT being done before the blow-in.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #55
Red Sox Nation
Delrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Lcdr, retired
Name: Jonathan
Delrivpilot's Tacoma Gallery

Hot tub and deck done just in time for chili north east winter!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #56
Red Sox Nation
Delrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Lcdr, retired
Name: Jonathan
Delrivpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and the gazebo was donated to the township two months ago. Previous owner would have a shit fit if she knew!!

Old 12-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #57
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Big projects in here!!!!

I just fnished installing hardwood floors. My knees are killing me.... not to mention my back....

Old 12-03-2008, 12:38 PM   #58
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasn8dave View Post
Wow! Big projects in here!!!!

I just fnished installing hardwood floors. My knees are killing me.... not to mention my back....

nice. Was that prefinished? What kind of wood is that?
Old 12-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
Nice work man, you are def making some progress.
Getting there.... I will be happier when I can enjoy a nice cold beer on it next year.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:25 PM   #60
Hey guys watch THIS!
fasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to beholdfasn8dave is a splendid one to behold

fasn8dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nice. Was that prefinished? What kind of wood is that?
Yeah, that's prefinished Columbia hardwood flooring. I guess the actual hardwood on top is just under 1/8" thick and it's 5 ply with another layer of hardwood on bottom to retain its shape and minimize on expansion / contraction.

Bought it from a guy on craigslist for around 63 cents sq. ft. - I haggled him down and what he thought was 700 sq. ft. turned out to be more like 850, LOL

Thanks for the kind words... man there's some serious projects going on around here!!! Retaining walls, decks, tubs, holy crap!

Products Discussed in this Thread