Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Home Improvement Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #1202
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
Starting with this:
That's from the era Scott is fond of time travelling to
Old 05-09-2013, 04:11 AM   #1204
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have pointers on removing dents/ scratches from finished flooring? Its pre-finished tigerwood. I tried to raise the grain with steam using a iron and a wet rag, but the finish is preventing the moisture from getting into the wood. I am thinking about trying to fill the dent with polyshades and wet sand it out with 2000 grit, then use a scratch remover to get rid of the light scratches from the sandpaper, think it will work?
Old 05-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #1205
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't want to make a new thread etc... So il post this up here for advice.

Anyone think if i can get this for $600 it be a good deal??
I kinda want a deere.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/grd/3772101579.html

Old 05-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #1206
nomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Trevor
nomad_archer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
I didn't want to make a new thread etc... So il post this up here for advice.

Anyone think if i can get this for $600 it be a good deal??
I kinda want a deere.
No idea if it would be a good deal since it doesn't list the hours in the add. But I will say don't get hung up on getting a deere. I thought I wanted a deere last year but I ended up buying a cub cadet instead. When it comes to used power equipment I like to buy new most of the time unless you are a good small engine mechanic since you have not idea what the previous owner did to it or if it was maintained correctly. Also that one doesnt look like it has a hydrostatic tranny which is really a pain.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #1207
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad_archer View Post
No idea if it would be a good deal since it doesn't list the hours in the add. But I will say don't get hung up on getting a deere. I thought I wanted a deere last year but I ended up buying a cub cadet instead. When it comes to used power equipment I like to buy new most of the time unless you are a good small engine mechanic since you have not idea what the previous owner did to it or if it was maintained correctly. Also that one doesnt look like it has a hydrostatic tranny which is really a pain.
Well tits... I def cannot buy new as I just bought the home that I need it for. But I assume the hydrostatic steer is like power steering for these puppies?
Old 05-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #1208
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
Well tits... I def cannot buy new as I just bought the home that I need it for. But I assume the hydrostatic steer is like power steering for these puppies?
Hydrostatic actually refers to the transmission. The wheels are drive by hydraulic pumps instead of gears. The engine drives a pump or pumps which pump hydraulic fluid to the wheel motors. It allows infinite speed possibilities. Think of it as something similar to an automatic transmission in a car. They are more expensive to fix when they break but they are far superior in terms of smoothness of operation and switching from forward to reverse is much easier. For example, My Hydrostatic commercial walk behind mower can easily go from forward to reverse by just pulling backwards on the controls, and the further I let the control handles out, the faster I go. With my old belt/gear drive mower, to go into reverse, I would have to stop the mower, change the gear selector to reverse then let out the hand brakes to back up. To go faster, I would have to change my forward speeds with the gear selector.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #1209
The Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Yellow Dart is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
The Yellow Dart's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in day 4 of my bathroom remodel.

Spent all weekend demo-ing down to the studs. Found 1.5" of concrete on the floor, completely unlevel.

So far, it's been gutted, electric and plumbing roughed-in, temporary toilet set (only bathroom in the house), window relocated and whole thing framed.

Electric gets put in tomorrow, tub set, and exterior siding put back on.

I'll get some pics up when I can.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #1210
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Hydrostatic actually refers to the transmission. The wheels are drive by hydraulic pumps instead of gears. The engine drives a pump or pumps which pump hydraulic fluid to the wheel motors. It allows infinite speed possibilities. Think of it as something similar to an automatic transmission in a car. They are more expensive to fix when they break but they are far superior in terms of smoothness of operation and switching from forward to reverse is much easier. For example, My Hydrostatic commercial walk behind mower can easily go from forward to reverse by just pulling backwards on the controls, and the further I let the control handles out, the faster I go. With my old belt/gear drive mower, to go into reverse, I would have to stop the mower, change the gear selector to reverse then let out the hand brakes to back up. To go faster, I would have to change my forward speeds with the gear selector.
gotcha well i guess i'll keep looking
Old 05-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #1211
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Agreed. I love the HST in my husky. I never use the brakes other than to start. I just move the side lever back n forth to slow down to reverse or leave it in the middle to park.

It's also good for my daughters to help mow when they have trouble reaching the brake. Just taught them to use the speed lever.

I'm looking for a bigger garden tractor myself, one with a FEL, 3 pt PTO, and belly mower. I could go older and used, but they're all manual. The newer ones are HST and I like the idea of it not lurching forward if one of them let off the clutch too fast, and they can stop/park on a hill by just taking your foot off the pedal. No need to set the parking brake, which is added safety to me. After having an HST on the mower I don't want anything else. LOL
Old 05-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #1212
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Day 1:

Drop ceiling, cabinet finish pieces, 1 cabinet, and all the doors removed. I saved all the wood to reuse as shelves. I also pulled up all of the moulding around the floors and gutted the 3 closets.

At first I thought the walls around the counters were support walls, but it seems like they are to flimsy to hold anything up. I might look into removing them
Old 05-11-2013, 08:46 PM   #1213
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
well tonight after going out to dinner I stopped at Home Depot cuz theres always something I need...

Ended up picking up a sweet new shower head..

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-In2...6#.UY8OC5VOhS8
and a new bathroom vent fan. Shower head was an easy swap.. 5 minutes or less. Then I started out on the vent fan. the old one screwed to a beam and vented to the left, the new one would vent to the right if screwed to the same beam, so I pulled on the vent hose to see if it could stretch long enough to still work. of course it didnt work. the hose tore in half way out of reach. So now I'll have to try to get to the outside of the vent and replace the whole section of hose, add a piece of 2x4 to screw the fan to, and then button it all up.

atleast I was able to take an awesome shower after getting covered in insulation fibers up in the attic!!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #1214
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
I miss my house

Although on a good note, it's under contract at my asking price
Old 05-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #1215
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
I miss my house

Although on a good note, it's under contract at my asking price
well thats some damn good news for you!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #1216
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
well thats some damn good news for you!
Yeah man! Still amazed, it was only on the market for 5 days.

Nice pick on the shower head! You on city or well?
Old 05-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #1217
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Hung up some of the cabinet doors I built. I have 7 doors left to stain, seal and hang. Then I start on the drawers. We'll probably be doing the concrete countertops this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Home Improvement Today?-20130512_161229.jpg  
Old 05-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #1218
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Day 2:

Not a lot of progress I can show right now, but I started ripping up the click-n-lock flooring. I'm keeping the slats in hopes that I can find someone that will want them.

I also scraped all the caulking from the bathroom out and started painting the test colors on the walls.

Thinking about using this color flooring:
Old 05-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #1219
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
ONE ... ah ah ah

Products Discussed in this Thread