Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Home Improvement Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #1481
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Installed an attic fan in the roof today. So much better... Can't believe how much of a difference it makes.
My buddy did a solar gable fan in his house 2 summers ago, and it lowered his temps around 35-45 degrees compared to before the fan!
Old 06-30-2013, 04:58 PM   #1482
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
My buddy did a solar gable fan in his house 2 summers ago, and it lowered his temps around 35-45 degrees compared to before the fan!
YES THE SOLR ONES ARE THE WAY TO GO FOR SURE.....
ALSO CUT IN SOME GABLE SOFFIT VENTS
Old 06-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #1483
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I believe it... I couldn't believe the difference it made in the few minutes it took for me to pick up my tools. Went from sweating balls to just slightly warmer than down stairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
YES THE SOLR ONES ARE THE WAY TO GO FOR SURE.....
ALSO CUT IN SOME GABLE SOFFIT VENTS
I was lucky and all the wiring was done and the hole was cut in the plywood. The previous owners removed the fan at some point.. I'm guessing a tree fell on it.. So it took no time at all to get it installed and running.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #1484
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
I believe it... I couldn't believe the difference it made in the few minutes it took for me to pick up my tools. Went from sweating balls to just slightly warmer than down stairs.

I was lucky and all the wiring was done and the hole was cut in the plywood. The previous owners removed the fan at some point.. I'm guessing a tree fell on it.. So it took no time at all to get it installed and running.
I put one on for a buddy and i made him go into attic to drill pilot holes so i could cut the roof and the first hole he drills is like 2 inchs from the ridge
Old 06-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #1485
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I put one on for a buddy and i made him go into attic to drill pilot holes so i could cut the roof and the first hole he drills is like 2 inchs from the ridge
Hahaha well thankfully ours is in the perfect spot. Middle of attic, can't see from street, I'm happy with it. Good thing my room mate used to do roofing.

And btw, I picked up a BB gun from cabelas yesterday since they still don't have any 22lr ammo... I like it.. I was shooting in my yard all day with no worries of breaking a window, but it breaks through cardboard or beer cans. Lol
Old 07-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #1486
BIG DADDY

Bb gun challange it is
Co2 pistol?
Old 07-01-2013, 06:31 AM   #1487
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We have a whole house fan as well some attic fans. It works good as long as it's not too hot outside. You crack your windows and then turn the fan on. It draws air up from the house and pushes it into the attic. It's rare for us to turn on the AC.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:32 AM   #1488

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bb gun challange it is
Co2 pistol?
Nah just a daisy pump action rifle
Old 07-05-2013, 05:11 AM   #1489
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Freakin ants...... any idea what to get rid of them for good? I have sprayed twice this year with ortho home defense max. Says its good for 6 months and I sprayed not even a month ago and I wake up to ants all over my kitchen counter.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #1490
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newlife View Post
Freakin ants...... any idea what to get rid of them for good? I have sprayed twice this year with ortho home defense max. Says its good for 6 months and I sprayed not even a month ago and I wake up to ants all over my kitchen counter.
I believe my mom used to put boric acid and sugar mix into milk jug caps and place them around. Use caution if ya have pets and kids.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:14 AM   #1491
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I had terrible problems a few years back.

Instead of sprays, get some exterior traps and put them near their trails. They bring the food into the nest and it kills the colony. Also, start looking for every single possible entry point under cabinets, around windows/sills, etc. Caulk and foam.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #1492
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you must have food scraps out in the open?... empty the kitchen garbage can more frequently, make sure pantry food is stored closed up, etc... to kill them off, i've had much success w/ the stuff in the orange box (can't remember name off hand) - just put a drop or two on piece of carboard, place on floor in area(s) where you see them congregating... they'll come out to feed like crazy, but then it kills them off in a matter of days...
Old 07-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #1493
BIG DADDY

water and vinegar
Old 07-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #1494
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Spread a line of diatomaceous earth around the house and anywhere else you find them. Safe for pets and kids, but it gets into the joints of insects and cracks their exoskeleton. You can get it at pool supply stores, and maybe lowes/home depot too.

http://www.richsoil.com/diatomaceous-earth.jsp
Old 07-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #1495
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
So I found a leak coming thru the chimney area at the house. But it doesn't come straight down the pipe of the chimney, and it doesn't down the outside the chimney pipe. I'm kinda lost. Can't get up on the roof right now because of the storm that provided the water.

I don't want to destroy another floor...Any ideas??
These holes is where the water is coming down from.
Home Improvement Today?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1374415711.654437.jpg
Old 07-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #1496
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Finishing a room that we had neglected during our remodel. Going to add a deck when done too. Moved the door and opened it up to the kitchen/dining.

Not sure what happened to the pic...
Old 07-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #1497
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
So I found a leak coming thru the chimney area at the house. But it doesn't come straight down the pipe of the chimney, and it doesn't down the outside the chimney pipe. I'm kinda lost. Can't get up on the roof right now because of the storm that provided the water.

Attachment 224254
I had a similar problem (might still have it lol) After a major storm I heard the water dripping onto the top of the fireplace box. In the attic I found out it was mostly dripping down the framing (wood framed not full brick like traditional ones) of the chimney from the very top. It was either an issue with the shoddy siding work above the roof line or the chimney pan on top wasn't sealed correctly.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #1498
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I installed a dishwasher where we never had one.
Which turned into gutting 1/4 of the kitchen.
And the dishwasher still isn't in a month later.
Waiting on help with the new countertop.
ugh....
Attached Thumbnails
Home Improvement Today?-1001006_10151712511704432_1037622998_n.jpg   Home Improvement Today?-1044839_10151712793409432_79505231_n.jpg   Home Improvement Today?-993620_10151742028999432_1047586066_n.jpg   Home Improvement Today?-998051_10151757651464432_1861398569_n.jpg  
Old 07-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #1499
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Attachment 224254
Water , especially wind driven rain has a way of getting in around roof penetrations like chimney flashing

After the storm , go up and inspect your flashing around the chimney
Old 07-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #1500
BIG DADDY

Quote:

Attachment 224254
waTER IS GOING TO SEEK THE its own path.....
like oz said
after storm go check flashing and chimney cap

Products Discussed in this Thread