Notices

Home Improvement Today?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #1602
Jholden is on a distinguished road
Jholden's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
Put my first coat of poly on tonight. Probably gonna do about three more.

[/IMG]
Just did the same thing on 24ft of bench in my shop. I did 7 coats and wet sanded and buffed the last.

Turned out great!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:24 AM   #1603
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jholden View Post
Just did the same thing on 24ft of bench in my shop. I did 7 coats and wet sanded and buffed the last.

Turned out great!
Wow, that is a lot of coats. I was thinking 4 coats. We're you coating oak as well? Pic if you have one...
Old 08-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #1604
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Im also in the process of building a work bench with a oak ply top. Ill post up some pictures later, its going to have casters on the feet and double as a beer pong table. I stained it english chestnut, ganna do a couple coats of polly then i might spray it with rustoleum never wet.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #1605
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
I have a question for you all? I need ideas on how to keep the locals out of the pool? the local have been , Bats, mice, frogs, beaver( no shit) snakes. Tried sprays and pellets. any other ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Home Improvement Today?-015.jpg   Home Improvement Today?-018.jpg   Home Improvement Today?-027.jpg   Home Improvement Today?-028.jpg   Home Improvement Today?-dsc08569.jpg  

Old 08-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #1606
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Heres my workbench so far, still need to poly, paint, and add the casters on the feet. Everything you see that isn't stained will be painted a antique white. Its a little bulky looking, i framed everything first then trimmed it, should be nice and strong.

Home Improvement Today?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1377134444.799144.jpg
Home Improvement Today?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1377134456.141215.jpg
Home Improvement Today?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1377134469.571086.jpg
Old 08-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #1607
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
I have a question for you all? I need ideas on how to keep the locals out of the pool? the local have been , Bats, mice, frogs, beaver( no shit) snakes. Tried sprays and pellets. any other ideas?
I don't know about the snakes or frogs, but I have a motion sensor sprinkler head that scares away almost everything else.... birds, deer, cats, etc. Not sure if it will help you but it did for me.

It sprays water and makers that loud noise every time it goes off.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #1608
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
Is there a fence around the pool area to keep out the larger rodents? All the other critters you just need to deal with on a daily basis. Check the pool in the AM and scoop out all the dead animals. There is not much else you can do. PS Check the skimmer in the AM as well. Lots of the dead ones wind up in the skimmer basket.

On another note I have to seal the driveway this weekend. I have filled in all the cracks and cleaned the driveway. Just need to blow it off before I seal it. Going to use the best sealer Lowes has and do 2 coats. Hope it lasts 3 to 4 years. My driveway is on an incline so water flows down the driveway causing the sealant to wear down quicker than a level driveway.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #1609
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Heres my workbench so far, still need to poly, paint, and add the casters on the feet. Everything you see that isn't stained will be painted a antique white. Its a little bulky looking, i framed everything first then trimmed it, should be nice and strong.

Attachment 229810
Attachment 229811
Attachment 229812
That's cool. I really like that idea... Might have to do the same thing. Can you give some details on materials used?
Old 08-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #1610

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
That's cool. I really like that idea... Might have to do the same thing. Can you give some details on materials used?
Thanks. The thing i like about it that is different will be the removable casters. The legs are hollow, im going to mount the casters on small pieces of 2x6 which will have a 4x4 "peg" that slides inside the hollow leg. Lift the table up and the casters fall out. The idea came from wanting it to be a beer pong table and workbench. Beer pong table should be 27"-30" tall, which IMO is to low for a workbench. My table is at 30", and with the casters it will be 36 1/2".
I can give you a a full material list, even detailed plans if you want them, but heres the basics.

2x4 framed platforms for upper and lower plywood
2x6 legs
1 sheet oak plywood (27" rip for top, 21" rip for storage platform)
1x6 oak for trimming table top
1x8 and 1x6 primed FJ pine for triming legs and lower half of table
ZAR wood filler in red oak (makes your seems disappear )
English chestnut minwax stain
Helmsman clear satin poly
Rustoleum neverwet TBD, gatta see how it effects the color/shine of the poly
Old 08-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #1611
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks. The thing i like about it that is different will be the removable casters. The legs are hollow, im going to mount the casters on small pieces of 2x6 which will have a 4x4 "peg" that slides inside the hollow leg. Lift the table up and the casters fall out. The idea came from wanting it to be a beer pong table and workbench. Beer pong table should be 27"-30" tall, which IMO is to low for a workbench. My table is at 30", and with the casters it will be 36 1/2".
I can give you a a full material list, even detailed plans if you want them, but heres the basics.

2x4 framed platforms for upper and lower plywood
2x6 legs
1 sheet oak plywood (27" rip for top, 21" rip for storage platform)
1x6 oak for trimming table top
1x8 and 1x6 primed FJ pine for triming legs and lower half of table
ZAR wood filler in red oak (makes your seems disappear )
English chestnut minwax stain
Helmsman clear satin poly
Rustoleum neverwet TBD, gatta see how it effects the color/shine of the poly

wow thats some serious details. thanks a lot! looking forward to seeing how you do the casters... I have an idea of what you are saying, but pictures will be really helpful with that step.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #1612
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Attachment 229812
Great job on that bench. It looks great. Looks like a dining room table instead of a work bench!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #1613

JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
Great job on that bench. It looks great. Looks like a dining room table instead of a work bench!
Right? I'd be pissed if I scratched it lol
Old 08-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #1614
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Attachment 229810
Attachment 229811
Attachment 229812
nice! i'm in the process of building a workbench as well, the more i got into building the frame the more i realized (duh) weight/heft is "good" because you want it to stay put when working on it! ...not going to be as long as yours though... what does she weigh in at?
Old 08-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #1615

My guess is 125 lbs, maybe a little more, its pretty heavy. 97.5" long and 28.5" wide. It made a awesome beer pong table last weekend, still gatta do the casters on the legs. And like you guys said now that its done i don't want to abuse it to much lol, so it might be a light duty work bench. Or ill just throw a piece of plywood on top when i work on my grill projects and stuff
Home Improvement Today?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1377736855.985823.jpg
Old 08-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #1616
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My guess is 125 lbs, maybe a little more, its pretty heavy. 97.5" long and 28.5" wide. It made a awesome beer pong table last weekend, still gatta do the casters on the legs. And like you guys said now that its done i don't want to abuse it to much lol, so it might be a light duty work bench. Or ill just throw a piece of plywood on top when i work on my grill projects and stuff
Attachment 230895
Don't ya just hate that...build yourself something nice and now you don't want to use it for the fear of messing it up...lol

looks good!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #1617
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I've been working non stop on my condo remodel. Here is some of the most recent work.

Walls and ceilings have been scraped, textured, and painted; the old floor is out, slab is level, and new floor is in;lights are all in; cabinets have been reworked to include the microwave, and have the first coast of paint on.

I'm concentrating on the kitchen right now. I am going to patch some of the spots on the interior cabinet wall that stick out now that there is gloss paint on. Then it's on to painting and mounting the cabinet doors, and probably a hundred other things before it's completely finished. Ha
Old 09-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #1619
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
Mr. Brown that's some hard work but I bet it was fun.

Going to start browsing this thread.. Purchasing a house.. Waiting on the call for the amount I'm approved on!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #1620
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PinoyTacoma View Post
Mr. Brown that's some hard work but I bet it was fun.

Going to start browsing this thread.. Purchasing a house.. Waiting on the call for the amount I'm approved on!
Awsome man congrats! There is a website called houzz.com that helped me out a lot with paint colors and design stuff. Check it out, you might like it.

Products Discussed in this Thread