Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

harbor freight tools

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
harbor freight tools

I am redoing one of the bathrooms in our house. I could really use the dremel multimax oscillating tool home depot has it for roughly 100$. I went on harbor freights site they have an off brand with same attachments for 35$. Is their stuff any good or should I just buy the one at depot? Thanks for any input.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
some are real shit and some arent bad.you cant beat the prices for a tool you will only need once
Old 01-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I have some Harbor freight air tools. Like paint said, some are fine, but some of the ones I bought don't work very well, or at all.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
Hell ya get that shit,they are great with customer service too
Old 01-02-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
Have a coke and a smile and shut the f#%k up!
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
hogeyphenogey's Tacoma Gallery
I have their oscillating tool. Buy it. Works great, and they have all the add ons right there in one place.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:46 AM   #7
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i bought a folding 4x8 trailer from them years ago.$200 new,everything minus the wood decking.it tows great at 70+mph. trailer was a total bolt together.best trailer i ever owned
Old 01-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #8
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like I'm riding to harbor freight. Thanks guys!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Best advice I ever got was, "You get what you pay for." I'd go to lowes personally.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #10
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
yup. I'll pass on harbour freight. You get what you pay for.
Craftsman, lowes or snap on if I need something special.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #11
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobson View Post
Best advice I ever got was, "You get what you pay for." I'd go to lowes personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
yup. I'll pass on harbour freight. You get what you pay for.
Craftsman, lowes or snap on if I need something special.
X2
Old 01-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #12
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
for light homeowner use, you cant go wrong
Old 01-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #13
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
i bought a folding 4x8 trailer from them years ago.$200 new,everything minus the wood decking.it tows great at 70+mph. trailer was a total bolt together.best trailer i ever owned
i have the same one, works great!

I also have a 3 ton floor jack from them. i brought my jack and he had a craftsman 3 ton. they were the exact same jack, bolt for bolt. there was litterally nothing different about them except the paint.

like they people have said, some stuff they have is good, some isn't, but i'd have to say for a lot of the stuff at harbour freight, "you get what you pay for" doe not hold true. you get a hell of a deal, and they customer service is great. so if it turns out to be crap, you can return it no problem.

no harm in trying that ocilating tool for your project. if you find it doesn't work out, bring it back and get the dremel, no harm done.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #14
tsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura about

tsab916's Tacoma Gallery
Best bang for your buck!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #15
Machine gun shits

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
for light homeowner use, you cant go wrong
X2
Old 01-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #17
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
i don't have the harbour freight one, but i have one from northern tool. it's about $20 less than the real thing. works great and fits all of the hi-lift accessories.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #18
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Would really pick n choose what I would buy from there. Did get a very nice service cart from there for $80. Nice, thick plastic. Very sturdy. Have drilled countless holes in it, have dropped a lift on it several times, have also dumped it over catching it on a lift going up.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #19
dlthunder has a spectacular aura aboutdlthunder has a spectacular aura about
Name: Dan
dlthunder's Tacoma Gallery
I buy stuff there all the time, I think when Craftsman used to be made with quality there was a difference, I think that difference is less and less now a days.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #20
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
I don't believe in cheaping out when it comes to tools. They are an investment, not a one night stand. $35 might get you through the project today, but the next time you really need it to work could suck. I bought the Dremel and have ended up using it quite a bit.

Products Discussed in this Thread