1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

mobile off-road workstation

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by ppleasants, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Feb 1, 2011 at 1:22 PM
    ppleasants

ppleasants [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport Doublecab Longbed
    5100's set at 2.5", toytec AAL, DIY AUX port, broken mirror fix, temp/compass fix (twice), rattle-can gunmetal sport rims, debadged doors, fog-light anytime mod, DTRL mod, rear differential breather mod, drop in K&N air filter
    I'm an industrial design student and enjoy wheeling whenever I can. I just got an assignment to make a mobile workstation for any specific target population. I'm targeting those who enjoy off-roading from beginners to avid enthusiasts. The cool part is that I'm required to make a prototype and use it once I'm done. I'm just trying to get ideas for what kind of tools, accessories, and capabilities you all would look for in a mobile work-station to take out on the trails - desert, mountain, forest, mud, etc. I was thinking possibly a hitch insert or a truck box altered to make a working surface, clamps, and some other things. Any input will help. Thanks

2. Feb 1, 2011 at 1:35 PM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    Workstation is a broad term.

Depends on the kind of work you do.

3. Feb 1, 2011 at 1:56 PM
    ppleasants

ppleasants [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport Doublecab Longbed
    5100's set at 2.5", toytec AAL, DIY AUX port, broken mirror fix, temp/compass fix (twice), rattle-can gunmetal sport rims, debadged doors, fog-light anytime mod, DTRL mod, rear differential breather mod, drop in K&N air filter
    can an admin delete this thread(from garage)? I posted it in offroad/trails instead

Products Discussed in

To Top