Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

harbor Freight welder

Old 12-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #21
CliffordBRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Cliff
CliffordBRD's Tacoma Gallery
Which welders are you guys purchasing from Harbor Freight? I gave my dad my old Lincoln 110V welder because it didn't weld thick enough steel and I've been searching for a replacement ever since. I don't mind using gas, never have, but I would like to start getting something together to make some sliders and front bumper.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #22
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the 90 amp flux welder.. But if you want something that will do thicker stuff and also be a mig welder... I would look into the Lincoln 140...
But if you dont want to spend that $500, you could try out the Harbor freight Chicago Electric 170 Mig welder.. (its about $200)
Both get good reviews but ofcourse the Lincoln will be better..
Old 12-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #23
Zombie
SkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Skeeter
SkeeterBilt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fj6high View Post
I have a 20% off coupon and was thinking about buying that same welder. I really want to know if it works well enough to weld something thicker than a beer can...If I can get enough heat and penetration to weld a plate back onto the frame after a body mount chop.
20% off cupon doesnt work on welders or air compressors

but buyin a harbor freight welder is like puttin 3 inch spacers up front and blocks of wood in the rear to lift your truck. buy a good welder
i have a lot of HF stuff but no welder, had one and took it back and bought a miller. best money i spent

EDIT: this is a super old thread so never mind
Old 05-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #24
93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

93civEJ1's Tacoma Gallery
old thread, but I just got this welder as well yesterday. had a sale on em..plus i found a coupon for 99 bucks. Started playing with it last night. So far I cant complain other than the spatter from the cheap wire. Im just practicing with this wire til it runs out and then will get something better.