Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Garage / Workshop

Notices

Must Have Tools

Old 03-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #21
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Get a good cordless drill and impact driver
Old 03-26-2011, 07:19 PM   #22
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Multi meter.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #23
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfast View Post
Welder by trade? A TIG is stretching it for the average Joe. I would argue that a MIG is essential, but just because I have one.

meh, must have for me

yes, stretching it for most
Old 03-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #24
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
ratcheting wrenches
Old 03-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #25
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
ratcheting wrenches
X2. I like the stubbies, because if you need the ratcheting action, you are prolly in a tight space anyway. Then finish it off with a standard length wrench...
Old 03-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #28
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Carpentry must haves :

Straight claw hammer
25' tape measure
Chalk line
Speed square
Razor knife
4' spirit level
7 1/4" circular saw

Nice to have :

10" compound mitre saw
Framing nailers
Compressors
Old 03-26-2011, 07:30 PM   #29
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggo View Post
small extension adjustable mirror
Dentist?
Old 03-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #30
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CaptainFun's Tacoma Gallery
WD40 and Duct Tape
Old 03-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #31
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Extendable magnet...

I got a fancy one that extends out from the middle of a flashlight... best thing ever!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #32
bhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nice
Name: Ben
bhh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Surprisingly I find I can get it done with a stubby set I got for christmas a few years ago, my Benchmade knife and duck tape most of the time. and some times a hammer

I thought it was a joke when I got it but it has turned out to be the most useful thing I own 3rd only to my Benchmade 940 Osborne and my leather-man.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...cStoreNum=6652

when I need more I usually go to specialty stuff what I am doing IE Electronics, multi meter, wire stripers, etc. Construction, nail gun, screw gun, hammer, square, etc. ohh and Lithium-ion sawzall and skill saw FTW!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #35

Definately, I have most of these unusuals too.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #36
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
Extendable magnet...
That's a good one because I drop screws or sockets into the engine compartment every single job, no matter how simple.

I'll add: a pair of the big super jumbo sized slip joint channel-lock type pliers, a lot easier than using crow bars, pipe wrenches, or large C-clamps for many jobs.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #37
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Robertson screwdriver
but a Torx is so much better
Old 03-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #38
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
A good shopvac. No matter what you're doing, you're going to make a mess.
A good 20oz hammer, 5lb mallet, rubber mallet, wrecking bar and a decent drill.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #39
craigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant futurecraigFLA has a brilliant future

craigFLA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
A good shopvac. No matter what you're doing, you're going to make a mess.
A good 20oz hammer, 5lb mallet, rubber mallet, wrecking bar and a decent drill.

+1 on the shop vac...

Being into various projects, be it fiber-glass, wood, metal, ABS plastic, I have collected a variety (ie: miller tig,mig,plasma,drill press,band-saw,chop-saw,belt sanders,every sander,grinder,cut-off tool known to man!...but the tools that get used the most on my truck are the creeper, fender-cover, and floor jack(&jack stands).
Old 03-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #40
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I have one of these things, dont know the name, but much simpler and it helps me with A LOT: